New friend -chapter one-

" ok ok we're here so you can't be mad you're Rework show, I really didn't wanna go, but I went because I have ..  We all walked with folding chairs in our hands, and found a good spot on the side of the table they were setting them off. They looked like they were setting up. The had a fire department there just in case something you know,caught on fire. We walked through the itchy grass, the hard rocks, and some people. Everybody was around talking to other people, not at their spot. We all put our stuff down and started walking around. I see some food trucks I could go to.  " hey do you care if me and Austin ask go get some food?" Taylor asked. So you bring me here but you leave? I actually don't really care now that I think about it. "Oh no! I'm cool here so you guys go have fun I'll be here for a little" I told her. They walked away, practically on each other. "Hey guys we'll be back we forgot something in the car!" Avery yelled as her and her boyfriend walked away. Ash sat next to me, we were they only single ones in the group. " your so boring," she told me. "Well everybody's with their boyfriend, but you know," I said as she understood me. She started talking to me, but I didn't listen, I started staring at one of the firefighters. He wasn't bad looking,  actually at all. The back of his shirt said "coper" so his last names cooper. He was laughing with his friends, looked like they were having fun. "Uhm hello??" Ash said, realizing I wasn't listening to her. I still didn't look at her. I kept looking at that copper guy. "Which one are you looking at" she said with a questioned 'let's find out' voice. "Ohh, I see. It's cooper one, isn't it." She figured out. "I don't know, he's cute," I told her, finally giving up on hiding it from her. "I'm gonna get him to talk to you. Just wait" she told me with her up to no good look. "He probably hasn't even seen me staring at him." I told her. "Hey!! Yea you, come over here." She called out as he turned around and pointed to his chest making sure she was talking to him. Great. He started walking over. "What's up?" He asked. " what's up is my friend wants to talk to you." She said,hitting my shoulder and smiling. "Well I-" I tried to defend myself. " okay, I'm gonna go, see you later paige!" She yelled as she started walking away. "I'm sorry, my friend saw me staring at you and called you over, you can go if you want," I told him. "Well I could use some company, my buddies are acting crazy right now," he told me. Well, I guess I will talk to him. "Oh cool, you can sit here" I told him as I pointed to where ash was sitting. "Thanks," he said with a smile. " I'm paige, by the way," I said smiling. "I'm luke." He said back.
"So you're a firefighter?" I asked. I didn't really care a lot, but I wanted to talk to him. " uhm yea,actually. We have to be here in case anything goes wrong." He assured me. "So what do you do?" He asked. "Well I'm actually a all star cheerleader, on level 6.5, and for my actual job, I work from home as a receptionist for a business." Was that too long? "Tell me more about your all star cheer" he sounded interested. "Well it's not like a high school cheerleader, instead i go to an arena like place with a bunch of different teams, and preform a routine with stunts,tumbling, choreography, all in 3 minutes with 27 other girls." He seemed impressed. "Wow, that's cool" he told me. "How about you? What's it like being a firefighter?" I asked him. "Typically, when I get called in for a shift, it can be like 12-72 hours. Then I'll get 2 -5 days off in between. I had to go through tons of training, like climbing walls, fitness tests, stuff like that." Now that's cool. " that seems like a lot." "Yea, but you get used to it, I'm sure with your cheer you got tired after the first couple practices, but can push through it now, right?" He said trying to make a point. "I guess so." I agreed with him. I stared into his green eyes,his small freckles you could barely see, his cute sharp button nose, his brunette hair. "Sorry, could I get your number?" I asked him out of the blue. "Sure! I was just about to ask you that." He told me. "Here, I can put it in your phone." He said,reaching his hand out for my phone. I gave it to him, watching his big hands hold my phone. I looked around, not seeing any of my friends anywhere. "Here you go" he said smiling at me. "So you said those were your friends?" I asked him. "Uhm, yea I met them at training like 2 and a half years ago," he answered. "Are you here with anybody? Besides the girl I saw earlier." He asked. "Yea! I am, but they're all somewhere with their boyfriends. Me and that girl you met are the only single ones of the group." I told him. "Most of my boys are single too, so am I" YES!! He's single! "Sorry, this is weird, would you wanna hang out sometime?" He asked me. "Yea! I'd be down" I answered with a smile. "Cool, I can text you so we can plan something" "yea that sounds cool" I told him. "Hey cooper, watch ya doin over there!" His friend yelled. "Shut it lance!" He yelled back. "Sorry about him, he's jealous I'm talking to a girl and he can't even get a text back," Luke said laughing a little. "No it's totally cool, you wanna bring some of them over here?" I asked him. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Taylor and  Austin walking back, and Avery and her boyfriend walking with ash down a hill to where we were sitting. "Uhm I think they're going to the other side of the park, but I'm off call in like 10 minutes if you want me to stay," he asked. "Sure, I'd like that." I told him. "So do you live around here?" He asked. "Yea,actually. I have an apartment next door to all my friends." I told him. "Yea, I live in the same floor as a lot of my friends. You don't live in the apartments across the road, do you?" He asked. "I do actually, why do you?" I wondered. " yea I do!" He said. " hey cooper, let's go!!"  Someone from where he came from yelled. "Coming!" He yelled back. "Sorry, I gotta go. See you Monday?" He asked. "Sure, we can plan something!" I yelled as he started running to his friends. "So, how was your talk?" Ash said, putting her hands on my shoulders from the back of the chair. "Whatever," I said rolling my eyes.m, but smiling. "Tell me what happened. now!"  She demanded. Taylor and Austin, Avery and her boyfriend got back. "I got his number," I said smiling. "I knew it!" Avery yelled. "Whatever guys," I said. Luke made it back to his friends, facing me. I waved to him smiling. He waved back. "See?" I told them with happiness in my voice.