Choice

𝘒𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘢'𝘴 𝘣𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘨𝘪𝘧𝘵

(ᴛʜɪs ɪs ғᴀɴ ғɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ. sʜᴏʀᴛ sᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏɴ ᴠɪᴀᴀɴ ɢɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪғᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴋᴀᴛʜᴀ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʜᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇᴅ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴀᴀʀᴀᴠ sʟᴇᴘᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ ᴠɪᴀᴀɴ sᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ʜᴏᴍᴇ)

Aarav finally slept and Viaan decides to leave.

He gestures katha that he is leaving. She walks with him to the door. Viaan walks few steps and turns back to katha.

"I completely forgot, ᴋᴀᴛʜᴀ. your birthday gift", viaan says this and runs to the car to get it.

Katha slowly walks behind him to his car. Viaan gives her a neatly packed gift and says - " Open once I leave".

Saying this viaan turns and drives away in the car.

Katha is confused why viaan didn't stay to see her reaction on opening the gift. She reached her room and sits at the window, ready to open the gift.

Katha finds two things inside the gift. A letter and a diary.

The letter said....

Pyar main ye dil mera har roz kehta hai
Ye aasmaan hai tumhara, aur ye zameen bhi
Pyar main mujhe ye saara jahan apna lagta hai
Tumse pal ki doori bhi ab kayi saal lagta hai

Katha, past few days of my life have been THE most beautiful days. I always cannot wait to see you, spend time with you and talk to you for hours.

But katha there is something I want to say to you but might never be able to say it if I have to look into your eyes. Infact, I might be a coward for saying this but i can never look properly into yours or aarav's eyes ever.

Aarav was fighting for his life when I made his mom's life more difficult. I gave her a choice to choose between his life and her self respect. I may sit in front of you both for whole life and ask for forgiveness but it will not be enough.

Katha i cannot change the past, but i have promised myself to make our future brighter.

This diary is called Viaan's diary but it is for you. I want you to write in it everyday what you wished for, what you want and what you need. I want to write everything that you ever wanted.

I PROMISE to read it first thing in the morning everyday and make sure you get everything you desired. I want to make your life full of endless happiness and never to have a choice between two things again.

𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴, 𝘝𝘪𝘢𝘢𝘯.

Katha's eyes were filled with tears and she sent a message to viaan -

"This has to be the most beautiful gift I ever received in my life"