47| "Sorry, I can't"

"How was it?" Aubrey asked and I knew she was referring to the shoot

I smiled remembering the laughs we had.

"It was fun." I said.

"What where you two wearing?" She aksed with a smirk.

I told her everything that happen. Word for word. Including the way I felt.

She only looked at me with a smile in aw after.

"So you starting to like him again?" She asked.

"Yeah." I said and my head fell looking down with a smile. "I mea I always have. But something theres about what's happening now that's makes me fall even more in love with him." I said.

She pouted her bottom lip in aww.

"You know it makes me happy seeing you like this. Seeing you all happy and not have to pretend." She said.

"Me too." I whispered.

_

"Miss Madden, it has been lovley working with you. See you on the release day." Cathrine said smiling.

"Thank you for the help really. Ypu were truly an amazing person to work with. See you soon." I said.

We weren't too far away form releasing the new line. Less than a month actually.

_

It was around 7pm now. I didn't usually get back home this late.

I entered the door and first thing I see is Ace going down the stairs, still dressed in a suit.

I smiled upa t him and he returned one back.

"Back so late today?" He aksed reaching the last step and leaned on the railing of the stairs.

"Was a very busy day with me finalizing some things for my new line." I said.

He nodded.

"When's it coming out?" He asked.

"In two weeks time."

"Can't wait.'' He said smiling.

"Yeah, its taken a while for this to finally happen, so im glad the hard work is coming out." I said.

It was silent for a bit as we look at each other.

"I'm proud of you." He said and my heart squeezed at those words.

It was rare I got them so wuwnvere I got them, it meant loads to me.

"Thank you." I said smiling.

He then started walking towards me. I kept my eyes on him.

He was towering over me now. I looked up at him and he looked down at me.

He was very close. Our bodies were touching.

"I'm so proud of everything that you've accomplished and I hope you know that and forver will. I'm so proud of what you've become as a women. As the mother of my beautiful little girl." He whispered loud enough for me to hear.

His face was closer to mine. I kept my eyes on him, my breathing hitched.

I watched his eyes traveled slowly down to my lips and back up at me.

Everything just stopped around us. It was just us still in motion.

My face kept inching closer to him, him doing the same.

But now, I felt I couldn't. I couldnt do it.

His eyes closed. Mine still open.

I couldn't.

I can't.

I can't do this.

I dropped my head down and it gently collided with the middle of his chest.

I placed a hand on his chest gently pushing his back.

"I'm sorry. I can't." I whispered and my head lifted meeting his eyes.

He looked so hurt.

So fucking hurt.

He looked to the side like he couldnt look at me for any longer. Like the longer he looked at me the more pain he felt.

"I'm sorry, Ace." I said. He still didn't look and I saw his jaw tick. I saw his tongue run along his teeth.

I couldn't bring myself to stay and just watch him hurt. So what do I do?

I do what I always do. Walk. Away. From. Him.

I went my way up the statis leaving him standing there.

I made it to the room and opened it seeing Amara fast asleep.

I shut the door and leaned my back to it then slowly leaned my head back.

Why?

Why do I do this to him?

Why do I hurt him so much?

Why am I doing this. For what reason, when I knew damn well I wanted to kiss him.

When I wanted to finally feel his lips on mine. To feel him kiss me with so much passion and love.

But I fuck up things. Just like I did now.

I wanted to kiss him so fucking badly.

I wanted to but I couldn't.

I couldn't bring myself to do it because I was scared. A part of me was so scared.

So scared that I would suffer again.

That if we got any closer than we were now, something would eventually separate us from each other like years ago.

I'm so scared I would loose him again.

Another part of me was needing him but that other part, that scared part was screaming at me.

Telling me not to.

I loved Ace so much. I really did but I couldn't seem to stop hurting and hurting him every fucking day.

We had gotten along so much for the last few days and I just ruined it all.

__