One

Madison Blake

I was addicted

Most people have addictions like binge watching TV or stalking their favourite celebrity everyday. A kid I knew in third grade had diabetes, but he was addicted to sugar and stole all the Hershey bars at a Halloween party.

Addiction kills everything, but not desire.

You're always left wanting more.

When I was addicted, I was a premature baby in the NICU. The nurses took care of me while my mother rested in the hospital bed after giving birth. I heard that all Mom's wanted to do when they had kids was to never let them out of their arms.

But my Mom wanted to put a needle back into her arm.

I didn't satisfy her, I wasn't enough.

After a long journey, I can say I'm not addicted to the drugs anymore. If anyone was wondering, that's not a great ice breaker.

I'm addicted to much different things now. Like the way dogs can walk on their back legs, the smell of coffee, and I loved the smell of gas when I filled up my car.

But my biggest addiction was making sure I'd never have a past that shouldn't have happened to begin with

I've always dreamt of being a nurse because I loved the idea of helping people that can't help themselves. I loved the idea fixing someone the way I want to be fixed.

When I got accepted into Boston University, it was a shock to my grandparents and me. I worked my ass off to get there and I had dreams to accomplish. I packed my bags and arrived as a baby into the college world. There, I met my best friend Olivia.

She thought of me as a little sister she never had because of our year apart age difference. Throughout the year, we wiped each others tears, and laughed so hard we nearly peed our pants. The college parties were crazy. I was there for her first one night stand and she was there for my first period.

I was a late bloomer.

The next best thing that happened to Olivia and I during our freshman year was meeting our neighbours: Kelly and Sasha. Our friendship led us to getting our first college apartment together. Every night was girls night and it was amazing.

Here at Boston University, we took football seriously. It was mainly a reason to get super drunk.

So when Olivia burst through my bedroom door at 10am because it was game day and since I vowed no more parties because I want to focus on my studies, then this is my last chance to have a good time with my friends.

I looked at my wall and smiled at the picture of my grandparents. As much as I loved it here, I missed them like no other.

Kelly and Olivia were both from New York

Kelly was from The Hamptons and Olivia was from The Upper East Side.

Sasha was from Maryland.

I hopped out of bed because I needed to get ready. "What's the theme today?" I yelled from my room.

"Come grab Josh's practice jersey!" Sasha yelled from her room.

Sasha's brother Josh was a junior on the football team which meant she got all the information. Josh and Sasha were best friends, they did everything together when he wasn't at practice.

I hopped out of bed and stretched.

I walked out of my room towards Sasha's room, which was covered in clothes. "Sasha, either you're going to throw up on your outfit or a frat guy is going to. You don't always have to dress perfect" I laughed, grabbing the jersey before blowing her a kiss and walking out.

"Kelly! Can you curl my hair?" I yelled from outside her bedroom.

She opened the door and I laughed. "Yeah" she smiled. I looked at her neck and chest and she groaned. "I know I have hickeys, I told Harry to be easy, but he's like a vampire"

I laughed and turned around, walking back into my room to get ready. It was a beautiful day and I was ready to get drunk. I looked in the mirror one more time at the jersey, my leggings and my shoes before going to the glitter station.

There wasn't an event that we went to and didn't wear glitter.

Glitter left it's tracks everywhere and even though it was a safe campus, you could never be too safe. If anything were to happen to us during a game day or a party, the glitter would always be left on the attacker.

Olivia's dad came up with the trick and it was genius to college girls.

Drinking a mini shot bottle of pink Whitney while getting my hair curled by a tipsy Kelly, was the dream. "Guys we're leaving in ten! My parents are at the stadium waiting to see Josh before the game so they can get pictures" Sasha said, eating some pizza.

"We all need to do one more shot before we leave" Kelly said, putting away the curling iron.

Olivia groaned. "Can we take it at the field house? I'm struggling to see through the amount of glitter on me"

I laughed and poured the liquid into shot glasses. "Beauty is pain and pain is beauty. Cover the pain with this fireball"

Grabbing our shoes, we headed to the stadium to see Sasha's parents. Our outfits were matching, we had some form of jersey on, thanks to Josh.

You could hear the noise of people as soon as we reached the stadium. "Mom said they were near the statue-" Sasha started, looking around but there was a lot of other families because this is where everyone met up before each game.

"There!" Olivia said, and we spot the black curly hair of Sasha's Mom, Dad and brother, Josh.

"Hey, girls. Ready for the game?" She asked.

"Of course! It's the first game of the season, and we can't wait to watch some football!" Olivia smiled.

"She means she can't wait to get drunk tonight" Josh laughed and Olivia glared at him. Olivia and Josh have had a weird thing since her freshman year. But, just like bro code, there was girl code and I don't think Sasha would support her best friend hooking up with her brother.

"Josh, get over here. Huddle in five!" We all turned to see a very cute guy wearing the number seven and Josh nodded at him.

"It's showtime. I love you all. If I die, make sure to pay my debts to my baby mamas" he joked and his Mom smacked him on the side of the head.

"Are you guys going to watch from inside the stadium?"

"Yeah, but we're going to tailgate before we go in. It's better to get ahead than behind. Right, Dad?" Sasha fist bumped her dad and he smiled when he saw his wife raise her eyebrows.

"Go home some fun! Oh wait, let me get pictures"

The four of us stand in a cute pose to take pictures that will be posted later.

"Smile bitches!"

~~~~

Hello! I hope you all enjoyed this first chapter. They start short, but will get longer . Thank you for all your love and support!

Stay safe!