31. Judgment

"I can't promise to fix all your problems, but I can promise you won't face them all alone"

...........................

Chapter 31:

Peirce pov:

Rose jams the card into the slot. After a few seconds, she opens the door to our room. Room 201. We both reluctantly walk in. The nervish feeling already starts setting into the atmosphere. Rose walks towards the bathroom.

"They have bathrobes!" she happily informs. Then her smile fades "Only. . .one bathrobe."

"You can have it." I say.

"What about you?" she asks.

I stop hugging myself to seem less cold.

"I'll just wait till my clothes dry."

Her eyes light up with an idea, "They have a hair dryer! You can dry them while I take a shower."

I blink, "You're gonna take a shower?"

"Duh, I don't wanna get sick."

She takes the drier and gestures for me to take my clothes off.

"Come on, before you get a cold too."

"I've never used one of those things before."

"It's a piece of cake. Here, hand me your shirt."

It shocks me to see how little she cares about bare skin.

"Are you making this all up just to see me without a shirt on?" I say.

Her mouth widens, "Fine. You figure it out."

She makes me believe she's about to walk into the bathroom again. I sigh and take off my shirt. I even throw it at her. She stands there for a moment, with the rag covering her face.

"That isn't very nice." She complains from under. She slowly takes it off, her eyes meeting mine.

I stand there feeling very exposed. Her eyes roam for a second.

"Just how I imagined you." She teases.

"Rose."

"You press this button first so that it can turn on, then you switch it to the level of power you want. Easy." she informs while hanging my shirt near a rack. "I'll be out in a few minutes.

Rose takes the bathrobe and disappears into the bathroom.

....................................................

I'm sitting on a small uncomfortable chair, half asleep. She comes out of the shower ten minutes later, wearing a clean white bathrobe that reaches her knees.

"Did they dry?"

"Barely." I respond "My jeans are still cold."

"Then take them off."

My eyes widen.

"I mean," she chuckles "It's not like. . .anything is gonna happen if you do."

After a few seconds of silence, we both find ourselves staring at the bed. It not too big and not too comfortable looking.

"You can't just sleep on that chair." Rose smiles "So don't try to convince me you will just to guard my honor. We slept together before, remember?"

I smirk to try to play it off.

"I wasn't planning on it. That's called noble idiocy."

........................................................