1 - Missed me?

It's 3:45 am and I'm here, in the local 7/11 counterfeit two blocks down the street, desperately searching for a baby formula... how?
Let's rewind.

After we saved Earth I started bonding with my mom, which often meant begging Garrison to let me borrow a ship just this once, no, I won't run off again, yes, it's for Blade of Marmora. It was! Krolia visited Earth as often as I visited her but with one tiny issue. Texan men seem to find purple women extremely attractive, and purple women just love cowboys and here I am, babying my half-brother whose dad fucking died, too? The kid looks very human so I was forced to adopt it. God, why does it have to be me?

So, I grab the baby formula, and two beers (for me), and go to the back of the queue.
A måneskin song just finished, and the radioman's saying something about Garrison. I haven't got the energy to listen.
It's only about 5 people in the shop including the cashier. I glance at the zone with impulse products by the checkout. Cigarettes, gummies, condoms, more edible gummies.. oh! 
There's a special offer for Red Bull two packs, fuck it, we roll. I'm taking five. Two classical, and three sugar-free. There are also some new flavors called "summer edition" but I'm not sure if they're included in the offer and I ain't risking.

The cashier gives me a side eye but I couldn't care less. I've barely slept in two days and I'm what they call a "bed hog", which as Pidge explained to me, means that I love sleeping and sleeping loves me so much it might be burdening for others.
So let's at least treat myself to some cheap, tasty caffeine.
Well, Red Bulls have the least caffeine out of popular energy drinks, it's the most expensive and rated the lowest in the taste category. Though it was the first one on the Western market.

Well, just like with pancakes, the first one always belongs in the trash, Shiro used to say when he made me them. Some say it's the same with kids.
Am I the first pancake?... I think I need a nap right now and a plate of pancakes.

Okay so let's just get enough caffeine to keep me up and not smash my head on the cradle while falling asleep again.
Wasn't cradle a verb? Oh yea, it was. I know I've used it but I just cannot put my head on it. Well, it's also the thing where babies sleep, no? I'll look it up back upstairs in my apartment.

What's taking so long?
The slightly taller guy standing before me buying red wine, shark gummies, and the same baby formula as me is short a few bucks and wants to put the gummies back. Seems he really loves that wine. Just as his slender tanner hands were reaching over my head to hang the gummies back I glance over at the display with the guy's total - 44.97 - and two 20$ on the counter.

"So what's it to you?" the cashier's radioboy's words make me act.
"You're down another 8-ball,"

-You're not putting back gummies, young man! - I say a bit too loud and suddenly feel the stares of the whole two other people in the shop turn on us.

"I haven't even got a cue" makes me second guess.

I slap a creased 5 dollars from my jacket's pocket next to the 40 dollars on the counter.
"And you look dreadful" hell yeah we probably both do.
-Thank you, sir, though I'm 33.-he looks down at me, his hand still reaching out, sending a tired, playful smile, the most one can do at 4 am.
-Not fair! You're younger and taller?! I'm 34... And I just couldn't help myself but help you, your products, they're... you just remind me of an old friend of mine. Though he had two marks on his cheeks... - I stare at the stranger as he stands straight back up.
"When there's...-all else to do" you could recognize that the artificial blank censored "fuck" I hate when radio does this.

I can almost see the loading sign on the man's face just seconds before he starts examining me. His warm gaze in the cold light of the cheapest possible lightbulb stops for a moment at my eyes, squints his own a bit, and then it seemed like... Call me crazy but I swear it seemed like he saw his younger self in them... He wakes up, and peers at my clothes, not the best I must say, red checked pajama pants, a black t-shirt, and my newest cropped jacket from Hot Topic which was for everyday though...
that trip wasn't planned.

I simply burst out the door. Then went back inside. Wallet, house keys, and a jacket - I recall looking out the window to see the wind blowing as if it wanted to break the trees in half.
"You could knock the wind out of my breath" accompanies.
I can almost feel shivers at its memory... Though a warmer, heavy blow hugs my face and chest.

"You could kick the teeth into my head." Jeez, creepy.

He looks back up, this time to my hair, just now I see his eyes are teary.

-Thanks, mullet. - he opened his arms a little.
"'Cause there's no cause for concern."

-What are you doing here?! - I betcha it's the first time I was happy to see Lance McClain. Just as he opened his mouth I came up with a better question for him.
"So what's it to ya?"
- Wait, how do I know it's the real you and not your bigger, cooler, grizzled older brother? - I pull my head out from a hug I acknowledge just now.

-And how do I know what is a boy like you doing in a place like this? We should get outta here. - The charm, the hand going through his hair, the smile with his eyes closed... yup. It was the old Lance.
"And you look dreadful
When you jump to what you'll resort to." Hilarious timing, radioboy.
I feel a bit cold on my back with his hand not here anymore, though my hands were always warmer than his.
"Singing 'Chance, we ain't gonna hurt you',
When there's...-all else to do."

-Sorry to ruin your moment, but you two are holding the line. Please do not flirt here, especially at 4 am. - the cashier barged in.
"(I said there's no cause for-)"

We pull away a bit but still hold each other, now both of Lance's arms are on my lower back and I stare at her with a "deer in headlights" look
"You could knock the wind out of my breath
(I said there's no cause for-)"

- Your total will be 49.98. Cash or card? - the cashier and Lance both look at me, me too dumb and tired to get what's going on.
"And you could kick the teeth into my head"

When I look back at Lance, I see I wrapped my arms around his neck uncontrollably, and when I look at the cashier, she doesn't seem surprised at all.
"Still, there's no cause for concern" calms me down for a moment and helps me think straight.

- Cash or card? - The cashier was visibly annoyed with us, with me. Hell, I would be too.
-Oh uh... card. Sorry. - I say and pull away from Lance completely now to search for my wallet.

Just as I was taking out my card I hear a beep accepting the purchase. I look at the terminal to see Lance's hand just now pulling away a card with a custom design with a meme of the Voltron show. I am flabbergasted. Not by the design, but by the card's presence. It seems very Lance to put memes everywhere possible.

-You've had it on you this entire time?!
-Maybe.
-Gosh, you're dumber than I remembered. - he started acting offended at my statement. - Thanks, Sharpshooter.
-I knew it would stick eventually - he flashes me a smile.
We both get our things, packed up by the cashier whilst we were having our bonding moment and head out, mildly embarrassed by our lovely-dovey impression.

"Still, it's no cause for concern." the radioboy reminds me on our way out, barely hearable through the doorbell. Thanks for today, radioboy.