2 - I'm pretty sure that's cheating...

Through the melody of the market's doorbell, I am back to the cold summer night's gale. The melody gets thoroughly lost in it.

-Hey so, you live here now? - Lance broke the silence between us which was already drowned in the whispers of the wind.
-Yup, just two blocks that way - I said, pointing. - Number 55.
-54, just upstairs - he pointed at the block above the store. - Keith, my man, when can I catch you again? - I stop to think once in my damn life.
-It turns out I'm free till Wednesday. Actually, I'll just give you a call... wait a minute, I don't think I've got your number. Can you just type it in? - I unblock my phone and hand it over to Lance. He murmurs something to himself while tapping, deleting, and typing in again.

I try to entertain myself with the wind playing on the leaves, like an untuned instrument. It starts drizzling, and only just then I realize I skipped putting on shoes...

-For fucks' sake, hurry up, I forgot my shoes.
-You... You what? - he looks down at my socked feet in pure shock. - How... How'd you do that?!
-I was in a hurry okay!? Yoru wa- oh shit.
-What? Who?
-Yoru, my toddler, was crying and I just left him here! He was hungry! And I'm gonna be sick 'cause of you!
-Then you better hurry! Bye! - He gives me a quick sly smile turning on his heel, and before I can react, he's gone on the staircase.

I run up and look at him through the glass. I gesticulate "Phone" and "Me", then show him to give it back.
That moron flips me off and runs upstairs, unfocusing 'cause of the glass geometry design. I take a few steps backward, back into the rain, now truly pouring down.

-Dude, what the fuck?! You haven't grown up even a bit! - I cry out when he opens the window on the 3rd floor, already inside. He yells something that sounds like "Fight me for it at a normal hour, emo" through the wall of teardrops.
I guess I'm left with no choice. I raise my finger in the Trudeau salute and as I'm just about to turn around when I see a leather wallet laying on the ground. I look inside-and I recognize the meme card. Tomorrow — pardon, today — is gonna be fun.

-Hey, my little champ. - I turn around from the window to face my daughter's cradle, leaving a puddle on the carpeted floor from my wet clothes AND SHOES. Now the room's only blank wall is behind me. Around, on the three other I've painted planets we've visited as paladins.

I flick a custom crib mobile away, which causes it to turn on the melody to "Arrorró mi niño" It has the solar system and some stars as well as Altea. It's very dear to me.

-Mi princesa bonita... - the realization hits me like a ton of bricks and brings me to tears. - You look like her, my love. - I caress the blue marks on her left cheek. - Te amo, Althea. - tears running down my cheeks. I miss you, Princess Allura. I kneel by the cradle and start singing

-Arrorró mi niño,
Arrorró mi amor
Arrorró pedazo de mi corazón

-Papa needs to sleep, too, corazón. - I speak to my sleeping daughter. When I find myself in my bedroom, I naturally go to change. When I empty my pockets, there's Keith's phone, the change of his 5 dollars, the receipt... My memory is now as blurry as my vision and can't focus either. The only sure thing for me is the lullaby filling the hall.
After I put the soaked clothes on the heater, I head to the bathroom to wash my face. Tears aren't good for my skin. On the way I hum to myself,

"Este niño lindo
que nació de día
quiere que lo lleve a la dulcería
Este niño lindo
que nació de noche
quiere que lo lleve a pasear en coche
Duérmete mi niño
duérmete pedazo
de mi corazón"

I wish I could look at only myself in the mirror. I also hung the last picture of me and Althea's mother. It's us kissing in the Juniberry flowers field. My hands were hugging her lower back, her arms around my neck. I feel shivers on my nape at the lack of human warmth.
Emilia framed the camera so that Allura's statue wouldn't be photographed. She hated the place, and I hated her jealousy over my dead girlfriend. I wish to take Althea there when she grows up.