Chapter 4

Keefe POV

"No," Keefe stammered. "She can't be gone. Foster, some back to us. COME BACK!"

"I'm sorry, Mr. Sencen," Granite said, his head hung low. "Her mind has no response, and I was almost pulled under."

The air was filled sadness, as Sophie, whose mind was broken lay on a cot. Forkle, who had no memories whatsoever, also lay on a cot. Keefe knelt down by Sophie's side, as everyone else sobbed. "She was the only one who could heal minds Keefe," Squall said. "It's over. The Moonlark is gone."

"NO. I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THIS!" Fitz roared. "WHILE SOPHIE WAS THE MOONLARK, THERE ARE OTHERS, WITH STRONG POWERS. HER EMOTIONS CAUSED HER MIND TO BREAK. LET KEEFE TRY."

The Collective gathered in a huddle, while Fitz panted, out of breath from his rant. "For once, I'm grateful about your anger issues, Fitzy," Keefe said. "But do you really think I can do it?"

Fitz glared at him. "Yes. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered screaming."

"Thanks."

The Collective turned around, and Wraith said, "We will allow you to try, Mr. Sencen."

"On one condition," Blur added. "You will have ten minutes, and ten minutes only. No extensions."

"Fine. That's enough for Keefe to do his empathy-thingy," Biana said.

"Start, NOW!"

Keefe grabbed onto Sophie's hand, and went into her emotions. There was red, which was rage, blue for sadness, but SO MUCH BLACK. He didn't know what black meant, but he knew what he had to do. He sent in his best memories, his alicorn ride with Sophie, the window sleepover, and their adventure together in the Dwarf Kingdom. He sent them all, amplifying the emotions.

Slowly, the back faded, replaced by a shining ice-blue. The dark blue was whisked away, as well as the red. Soon, his work was complete. Suddenly, he was shoved out.

Biana POV

They all held their breath as Keefe worked. Soon, Squall said, "Fitz, take Keefe out."

Keefe suddenly whipped back, and relaxed. "It's done. Now we just need to wait."

Everyone cheered for Keefe, as Fitz smacked him, and told him to not doubt himself. Five minutes flew bye. Suddenly, Sophie's brown eyes opened. "I-I think I'm back," She stammered.

Everyone celebrated, but was ruined as Elwin shoved them aside, and ran a checkup on Sophie. He diagnosed her to be fine, and ready to go. However, Sophie still had tons of questions. "How did you heal me? My mind was broken."

"It was Fitz's idea. He thought your mind broke because of your emotions, so he nominated Keefe, who went in, and saved you."

"Thank you, Keefe."

"Anytime, Foster. Life would be boring without you."

"IDIOT!" FItz roared, smacking Keefe's head.

Everyone burst out in laughter, having fun for the first time in days.

Dex POV

It had been a week since Sophie had gotten healed, and they were all meeting at Havenfield for a meeting on how to heal Mr. Forkle. They were discussing ideas, as the Verminion enclosure exploded. They all bolted up, seeing a figure in the smoke. They couldn't see the figure, however, because the Verminion leapt on their face, and clawed it.

Soon, the figure strode forward, leaving the Verminion out cold. "Feh. My anime-worthy entrance, ruined by a bloodthirsty hamster."

"Mommy Dearest," Keefe snarled under his breath.

"Hello, Keefe!" Lady Gisela called out. "Now come out, so we can talk."

They all walked forward, ready for an attack. "What do you want?" Tam asked.

"Oh, a simple trade. I'm sure you know that Mr. Forkle was poisoned, yes?"

"So it was you who almost killed Mr. Forkle," Sophie accused.

"Oh, what's the matter? Black Swan's little puppet feeling weaker than usual?" Gisela mocked, pretending to be concerned.

"Shut up!" Keefe shouted. "Sophie's not weak, and why are you here anyways?"

"Simple. I came to trade Mr. Forkle's health and memories for the Moonlark."

Keefe POV

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!? CAN'T YOU LEAVE US ALONE FOR ONE DAY?" Keefe roared.

"All I need to tell you is that without treatment, Forkle will die in two days."

Sophie stepped forwards. "Fine."

"No, Foster, you can't do this," Keefe pleaded.

"I need to. Or my mind can break again. I'll be back Keefe, it's just temporary."

"Now, now. Don't give them false hope that you'll be back!" Gisela tossed a small vial to Keefe. "Use that, son! Bye!" Gisela leapt away.

"NO!" Keefe let out a guttural scream.

A hand tapped his shoulder. "She'll be back, Keefe," Dex said. "I'm sure of it."

~~~~~

Yay! I love cliffhangers!

Also, I have no specific schedule now. Just I will try to update at least every week.

Toodles!