chapter 30: I am here

TW: sexual abuse

Elle's POV:

I don't know why Sadie had to tell Caleb about what is going on with me. I mean I get that she might be worried, I would be worried sick too if it was her in my position. What I don't get is why Caleb. And why does she even have to tell anyone. I told her I would be talking to her, I just needed time to sort out my thoughts.

It was already late. I was thinking the whole day about what and how I tell Sadie what happened and why I didn't tell her in the first place. I wanted to tell her everything. The stuff about mine and Evan's relationship. How he used to get in this mood sometimes and how he put it out on me. As if I was the problem...

I walked alone in a neighborhood not far away from Sadie's. It was a little quieter and there weren't as many houses as in hers, but it was still cute somehow. I was lost in my own thoughts as a cold hand grabbed my arm and turned me around harshly. I was too shocked to even react, because I haven't even heard someone sneaking up on me.

"I told you I'd find you." he said.

"Evan- what are you doing here." I stuttered.

"Do you think I don't know that you were at this dykes house. Pathetic." He said.

"Don't you ever call her that again." I said, not stuttering anymore.

"Or what? You think you stand a chance against me? That was all luck last time. But you know what, Elle? I think you need someone to shows you that a dyke can never give you." Evan said.

"Let go of me you fucking piece of shit!" I yelled at him. I tried to yell loud so that people in the neighborhood might notice and come for help, but they didn't.

He tightened his grip at my arm and pushed me backwards against a dumpster. He was standing really close to me now and he put his other hand over my mouth so I couldn't yell anymore. I tried fighting him off, to put some space between us so I could run, but there wasn't an opportunity to. He started kissing my neck, still pushing me hard against this dumpster, so I couldn't move. I felt tears escape my eyes, because I knew what was about to happen right now and I knew that there was nothing I could do to make this stop. To make him stop. I could feel something hard against my leg and I knew exactly what it was. I continued to cry. He was sucking harshly on my neck and holding me in position with his other hand. He loosened his hand on my arm but there wasn't enough space to do something to push him away. He started touching my body with his hand and I wasn't able to stop him from doing so. He lowered his hand but kept touching me all the way down there. I could feel his hand between my legs through my pants and I just wanted for it to stop. I couldn't stop thinking about Sadie and how I should have just stayed at her place and talk this out. I was crying even more now. He pulled his hand away and I could see how he went to open his belt. Right as he was trying to open his zipper someone gripped his shoulders and yanked him away from me. I was instantly sliding down the dumpster, so I was sitting on the floor now with my knees up. I was crying so hard.

I looked at what was happening and I could only see how Evan was lying on the ground and Caleb on top of him, landing fists in his face. Evan got up somehow and tried landing a fist in Caleb's face, but he ducked and landed another fist in Evan's face again. Evan fell to the ground again.

Caleb went to stand in front of him so he could look down on Evan.

"If you ever come near her, Sadie or any of us again, I will kill you." Caleb said. His voice was so deep and angry, I have never heard his voice like this.

Evan got up and started running away.

"Yeah, you better run! And wait for that fucking police to come for you!" Caleb yelled after him.

He instantly looked over to me because I was still shaking and crying hysterically.

"Elle. it's all gonna be fine. I got you. He will never gonna get near you again. I promise okay. I promise." Caleb said and pulled me into a tight hug. He sat down next to me and I cried into his shoulder.

"I can't... Caleb... I can't." was all I managed to say.

"What is it you can't?" Caleb asked with a soft voice. he was holding my head while he was still hugging me.

"I... Sadie..." I said in between breaths.

"Sadie is worried. Sadie loves you. She just wants you to be honest and safe." Caleb said.

"But... I can't... I don't know how to tell her." I said while tears still filled up my eyes.

"She will understand." Caleb said again.

There was a short silence between us.

"Was it Evan?" He said shyly.

"What...?" I asked. I knew what he was referring to but I was to scared.

"Elle, I ran over to you as fast as I could as I saw that he was... well... that he was touching... you." He said and closed his eyes. "The bruise. It was him, wasn't it?" Caleb asked with a softness in his voice.

"Yes." I said.

He held me closer to himself and hugged me very tight. we sat in this position for a little longer until Caleb got up and held his hand out for me to take to I could stand up.

"I think I should bring you home... Sadie is worried sick about you." He said. "Elle, you don't have to talk to her now. You don't have to talk to her ever. But don't forget that Sadie would do anything for you. She is so madly in love with you and all she wants is for you to be okay. For you to trust her and for you two to be together till the end of time." Caleb said.

"Why are you so nice now?" I asked Caleb. I did not want to sound mean or something, but the last time we really had a conversation before today was when he would be angry with us and when he called me disgusting.

"I guess because I realized that you two are so important people in my life and I just want you two to be happy." He responded.

We walked back into Sadie's neighborhood. My heartbeat started racing because I was so sad that Evan might be around somewhere here. Maybe it wasn't just racing because of the. Maybe it was also racing, because I knew that I needed to talk to Sadie. She deserves it and I promised her not to have any secrets anymore. I just didn't know exactly how to start this conversation. We arrived at her front door. My eyes were puffy and I was starting to cry again. We rang the doorbell and the door opened very fast.

Sadie was standing in the doorway and as soon as she saw me she swung her arms around me and pulled me into a hug. My tears were falling down my face again. Sadie's eyes flung over to Caleb's swollen knuckles.

"What happened?!" She asked while she was still hugging me.

"I think I'll leave you two alone. It's really not my place to tell." Caleb told her and he quickly pulled me into a hug to say goodbye.

"I'll always be here. I won't let anything like that happen to you, or to Sadie, again." He whispered into my ear and kissed the top of my head. He also pulled Sadie into a quick hug and we went into her house.

words: 1334