[Chapter 4] To Kill, Or Not To Kill

['You must kill someone if you want to leave.']

[You were stuck in a trance like state, the thought of having to kill someone was appalling. The heavy air weighed on you as you teetered a bit, but finally a voice broke through the heavy air.]

Kyoko: "So? What are you going to do now, just stand around glaring at each other?"

[It snapped you out of your trance as look over at her, her same stoic expression plastered on her face.]

Taka: "R-right... she's right! Sometimes, even if you're nervous or afraid, you just have to step forward! 

[You had to admit, they both had a point. Standing around pondering on when someone was going to die, rather then if someone's going to die. From the looks of it mostly everyone had a tight head on their shoulders, so in the grand scheme of things, the likely hood was very low.] 

Taka: "To forget such a simple fact... I can't forgive myself. I'm so ashamed! Please, someone hit me! I can't forgive myself! Somebody hit me! Punish me!"

Mondo: "Jesus. If you have time yell about it, you have time to DO something about it."

Hifumi: "Perhaps, but... what is the mission exactly?"

Leon: "Idiot! To look for a way out, duh!"

Junko: "And we totally need to find whoever was controlling that stupid bear and beat the hell out of 'em."

Chihiro: "...B-But before we do all that, maybe we should take a look at the handbook... It's probably best to check out the school regulations Monokuma mentioned before doing anything else."

(Y/N): "Chihiro has a point, if we have no clue what the rules are, we might have another Mondo situation."

Mondo: "Shit..."

Junko: "Fine. Then let's hurry up and check out the stupid rules already."

[You switch on your e-Handbook. In the center has the schools logo and then shortly after appearing in front of it is your first and last name, just as Monokuma said. You were then taken to a main menu and selected the 'School Regulation's' icon. An itemized list appeared on-screen as you were shown the school regulations:]

1. Students may reside only within the school. Leaving campus is an unacceptable use of time.

2. "Nighttime" is from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. Some areas are off-limits, so please exercise caution.

3. Sleeping anywhere other than the dormitory will be seen as sleeping in class and punished accordingly.

4. With minimal restrictions, you are free to explore Hope's Peak Academy at your discretion.

5. Violence against headmaster Monokuma is strictly prohibited, as is destruction of surveillance cameras.

6. Anyone who kills a fellow student and becomes "blackened" will graduate, unless they are discovered.

[You bit the inside of your mouth as you read that.]

7. Additional school regulations may be added as necessary.

[You shake your head and look up from the screen, you looked around and saw the same stormy expression on everyone's faces.]

Mondo: "This is bullshit! What the hell kinda rules are these!? I'm not gonna let them control ME!"

Celeste: "Well then, why don't you wander around the school without a care in the world and see what happens? Personally, I would love to see what happens when someone breaks one of the rules."