Chapter 6

"'Cause all the boys and their expensive cars
With their Range Rovers and their Jaguars"
♔ ♔ ♔

I seriously love October.

I mean, every season has a special place in my heart but there's something about autumn I can't explain.

All of the trees are beginning to become shades of red, orange, and yellow, and I'm enjoying it while it lasts. The wind is cooling, so everyone is beginning to wear their winter uniforms on the colder days.

I personally like the warm uniforms better, just because the winter sweater hugs my body in all the wrong places, but I can handle it because our robes cover them during class times anyway.

Clara and I are outside, the time is almost eight thirty, and we're waiting for Louis and Henri for our second Hogsmeade trip of the year.

Dumbledore made the first trip the first Saturday in October rather than the last because of the Triwizard Tournament. He thought we should get more time in the village since the tasks will be taking up some of our weekends.

"Ladies! Waiting for something?"

"You might miss the carriages if you wait any longer."

Fred and George go around us, clearly in a rush, considering they're both late, too. I take a look at George's disheveled hair and wonder if he woke up late.

"I'm sure they're coming soon," Clara mumbles, looking behind us into the castle.

"Who's 'they'?" George asks, slowing and taking a spot directly in front of me, down a few of the front steps.

Fred realizes he's stopped and groans, "George! Do you want to miss the carriages?"

"You go on without me and hold one," George instructs, looking back to me as Fred rolls his eyes and continues on running.

"Henri and Louis," I answer his previous question. "They said they'd meet us right here last night."

George looks at his watch, giving us a sympathetic look. "I don't think they're-"

He pauses, his eyes flicking to behind us. The two of us turn our heads, Clara smiling brightly when she sees Louis stroll up to her.

"Way to keep your lady waiting, mate," George calls, eyeing the two of them.

I look between them as Henri responds, "What do you mean? Carriages leave at eight thirty, no?"

"They stop leaving at eight thirty," I correct, the five of us beginning to walk down the path.

Henri chuckles, "Oh, Je suis désolé, amour." He bows his head in a mocking tone, "Louis was sure it was eight thirty."

Clara looks up at Louis, whose arm is around her shoulder. He apologizes to her in English, but she just smiles and shakes her head at him, telling him it's okay and that he can't do any wrong.

I roll my eyes and look ahead, feeling wildly uncomfortable with both George and Henri beside me.

With double the guys, it's double the pressure.

I flatten down my big, red sweater and stare at my white sneakers. I wish they were converse, because I think those look so cool, but my wide feet don't fit into those shoes.

Finally, we get to the carriage that Fred has been standing beside since he left George.

"Oh, you brought company," Fred mutters, eyeing George weirdly.

I watch the two of them climb into the carriage, shrugging and nodding to each other in some sort of twin telepathic conversation.

The six of us sit awkwardly in the carriage, me between George and Henri. I try to pull my eyes in as much as possible to avoid touching either of them, but they both sit with their legs spread so it's very difficult.