Oh, Phlox!

One night, Crowley knocked on the bookshop door with a basket of Phlox in his hands. You could tell he was intoxicated. Aziraphale just sighed "oh Crowley.." he said, leading him in the doors and shutting them behind him. Aziraphale led him to the couch and covered him up with a blanket. 

Crowley sat up and looked at him with pleading eyes "I have to take care of my new Phlox..." he said. Aziraphale just smiled "I'll take care of it for you Crowley, don't worry." He offered. Crowley grew a large smile on his face "Really angel?" Crowley asked. Aziraphale nodded "Of course! I'll keep an eye on it all day while I make sure you're safe and sound." Aziraphale said while booping Crowley's nose. Aziraphale smiled and handed him the basket of Phlox "Thank you angel" he said before rolling over and almost immediately going to sleep. 

Aziraphale smiled at Crowley and took the flowers over to his desk and sat down. He saw the flowers shaking from fear and frowned "Oh don't you worry little Phlox, I won't scare you." he whispered gently. The flowers seemed to have calmed down and Aziraphale watered them. The flowers seemed happier than ever. 

The next morning Crowley woke up and Aziraphale was ready with some headache medicine and some water. Crowley snatched it out of his hand and took the medicine "you're welcome" Aziraphale teased. Crowley rolled his eyes "yeah, yeah.. where's my Phlox?" he asked.

 Aziraphale led him over to his desk to a happy basket of Phlox. Crowley picked it up and examined the flowers. They were happier than usual, but had one single brown spot on them "They have a spot on them" Crowley huffed over at Aziraphale. Aziraphale nudged Crowley and smiled "you didn't think I was gonna do all the work myself did you?" he asked. Crowley laughs a bit and growls at the basket of phlox which scares it a bit and makes the brown spot go away. 

Aziraphale chuckled "Now please, stop drinking alone" Aziraphale pleads "you're too whiney." he says. Crowley gasps "I am not!" Crowley says before setting down the basket "Can I tempt you to a spot of lunch?" Crowley asks holding out his arm. Aziraphale smiles and gave a small nod "you may"