Well, that ain't good

Two days passed in the blink of an eye. Obviously, the trio we've been following decided to participate in the tournament. And that's not all. It seems things are already starting to heat up.

"Alen! Get up!" A familiar voice yelled into his ear. Alen sat up so fast that he nearly fell off his bed. "What's going on? Who's dying?" He asked frantically. "Dying? Are you nuts? Take a look at this," Mery said as she handed him an open letter. He inspected the letter carefully, and his eyes widened. "You've got to be kidding me, right?" That's all he could say.

At Flamoria, the students were quite diverse. You could find yourself meeting someone who came from a poor family, but they were blessed with abilities strong enough to land them a spot in the academy. You might find someone from a rich family who paid their way into the academy. However, there were some students who got in for different reasons. In recent years, crime rates had gone back to what they used to be like before the Cores ever came to being. However, there were still people out there who wanted to cause chaos with their Cores. On a day like any other, they decided to strike. They invaded a shopping mall and took everyone inside as hostages. Anyone who tried to use their Core was taken out in mere seconds. The power of the terrorists was so immense that even the law enforcement couldn't do anything about them. Everyone had lost all hope for victory. Everyone but a single young man. He stood against all the terrorists, and he won in a matter of minutes. His abilities were beyond comprehension at the time, and his talent for battle was unmatched. It was obvious that Flamoria would scout him out immediately. Now, most of the student body refers to him as "The One Man Army." But his friends call him Ormada.

"Tell me this is some sort of joke, Mery," Alen pleaded. Mery sighed and sat next to him. "I wish it was, but it seems I'll be facing off against that guy," she said with a worried look on her face. "Then I guess you'll have to show him your elite strength, right?" Alen said, desperately trying to cheer Mery up. She stayed silent for a while, but she eventually spoke, "I'm scared, Alen. I'm confident in my abilities, but he's a whole different breed. I'm starting to doubt myself." Alen hesitated for a moment, but he grabbed her shoulder gently to try and comfort her. She smiled at him and sighed. They sat together in silence for a while until Alen spoke up, "Don't worry. You got this. I'll be cheering you on, got it?" Mery nodded and stood up. She laid back down in her own bed and said, "Make me some breakfast if you really want to cheer me up." Alen chuckled as he headed to the kitchen. "So, what will it be today, madame? Pancakes? Or would you prefer waffles?"