𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐬

[T H R E E]

̶̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ Expected Visitors  ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶

Every Little Thing She Does is Magic • The Police
Volume: ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯
↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

                "RANDY PLEAAASEEE? TELL ME WHAT MOVIE SHOULD I PICK?" You pester with a whiny voice to your closest friend, poking him on the shoulder while Randy stocks up the comedy pile on its respective shelf.

Randy releases a sigh as he puts the last stock on the comedy shelf. He turns to you with a sly grin as he leans against the shelf, arms crossed, "Well, look who's finally showing some interest in the world of cinematic art."

You dumbfoundedly look at him, a little loss for words from Randy's description of horror. Awkwardly shifting your eyes, you say with a touch of uncertainty, "Ugh... yeah, I guess?"

The smile on the lips of the horror geek quickly faded. He can already tell you were up to something the moment you started asking about horror movies. While he was aware that you didn't hold any grudge against the horror genre and had even attempted to fathom Randy's fervor for it, he knew you weren't nearly as engrossed in it as he was.

You had never been one to initiate discussions about horror; typically, you went along with whatever was suggested. Whenever the two of you watched horror films—or any films, for that matter—your eyelids seemed to struggle to stay open. And besides, as your closest friend, he can tell with the way your eyes shift and your uncomfortable smile that you were lying. You're not really that hard to read, and Randy finds that funny.

He puts his arms down and deadpans, "Y/N. You're not just going to fall asleep are you?"

You lean back, the warmth creeping into your cheeks, and you swat your hand dismissively, saying, "Oh come on! I'm not that tired this time! At least... not yet, at least. I just want to know more about horror, is that so bad?"

Randy heaves and puts a hand on his face, his voice tinged with exasperation, "You're far from an enigma, you know? – For someone so 'quiet' around everyone else, you're very transparent. What is this really about?"

Your lips form a pout as a sense of defeat washes over you, leaving you feeling exposed. While you appreciated Randy's deep understanding of you, you also resented the fact that he could see right through you. He can read into you and you have no other way out to get out of it.

Slumping your shoulders, a quiet voice speaks out from your lips, "I'm having people over..."

Randy quirks a brow and stands up properly, his face no longer holding the expression of accusation but now replaced with curiosity. Never have you had any other close friends than Randy; as far as he knows, he's the sole visitor to your house.

"Who?" He inquires.

"Stu and Billy." You murmur, feeling somehow embarrassed by that answer. Saying their names out loud feels strange, and the mere thought of someone other than Randy coming to your house triggers a sense of anxiety just because you don't know what to do when a visitor comes, how much else when it's a guy? Two guys in particular!

As if not wanting to believe your answer, Randy leans closer with a look of disbelief. "What?"

"Stu... and Billy." You say a little louder, "They're coming over later..."

Randy blinks repeatedly, his mind struggling to process what he's just heard. He expected it to be a girl or some grandma since you're not that fond of being alone with guys – every time you were left to speak with either Stu or Billy or even both, Randy can see your mind dysfunctioning, as if your brain were short-circuiting from afar, and that happens to every boy you talk to!