Chapter twenty-three- Needle Points

Three months later

In the room was dark as Abrariel packed a small backpack of supplies, following Raziel and Jorden's instructions. His baby was due either today or tomorrow, and the Angels had said to be prepared. So Abrariel had. He had packed the bag with everything he would need: clean clothes, some baby supplies, blankets, a few books. The only thing missing was the blood he would need for after he gave birth.

There was a gentle knock on the door before Raziel entered the dark room. Abrariel turned the bedside lamp on, filling the room with a bright orange glow.

"Packing I see," Raziel murmured, blinking in the sudden light.

"Well, I might go into labor tonight, and you said to prepare, so I am," Abrariel said softly as he threw in one more warm blanket.

"Yes, I did," Raziel said gently. He came over, his robes brushing the wooden floor, his wings folded loosely behind his back. He put a hand on Abrariel's shoulder. "Your tense. Are you ok?" he asked in a concerned voice.

Abrariel didn't meet the worried green gaze, he clenched his fists lightly in worry. "You won't judge me, will you?"

"No, of course not!"

"I don't think I'm ready anymore..." Abrariel muttered. He placed a hand on his very swollen belly, it looked full to bursting. He felt the baby kick and he bit his lip in worry.

Raziel was quiet for a few moments before speaking. "Why do you say that?"

"I'm scared! I-I don't know if I can do this. I went through the whole pregnancy thinking every would be ok, then I remembered what can happen during birth, and I'm scared!" Abrariel exclaimed, he fiddled with the end of his jumper an didn't meet Raziel's eyes.

"I understand."

Abrariel looked up, shocked. Raziel continued. "When I was pregnant, I was scared too. I talked to my father about it. He told me he was terrified when he went to have me, but with his mate by his side and the thought of seeing his little baby, he found he wasn't scared anymore. I'm here for you, Abrariel, I won't leave you. You can lean on me during your birthing, it is ok if you are scared," Raziel smiled and gave Abrariel's shoulder a reassuring squeeze.

Abrariel met the green gaze, full of kindness, support, and love. Eyes he had grown to love and trust. He hugged him tight. "Thank you, Father," he murmured as Raziel hugged him back.

*

It hurt.

Telantes hadn't really released his venom before. He hadn't expected it to hurt so much. The syringes were filling with a clear substance, the glass just strong enough to hold the stuff.

Telantes hadn't expected it to take so long to plan Many's murder. He had thought it would be simple, then he had gone into more detail. The main thing he had to make sure of was that no one saw him, and that Many did not scream.

He finished releasing his venom and pulled the device away with a grunt, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand, breathing hard. The device looked ugly and vile. Hateful. Telantes held it like a treasured object. An evil glee rose in his chest, and he smirked as he hid it inside his oversized jumper. The grey jumper was like a trance coat on him, but it was warm and concealed what he was trying to hide.

His room was lit dimly by the silver glow of the moon, the light coming from the open window. Telantes strolled silently to his bed and crawled over the soft, moonlit surface to his window. He opened the shutter carefully to avoid any noise. The tips of his fingers brushed the glass, it was cold to the touch, almost freezing. Telantes slipped out carefully, landing with a soft thump on the ground below.