Bravery.

*Steven's POV*

I was in my room, minding my own thing. All alone, Just on my phone while lying on my bed as always. And then I heard a conversation down the stairs, it sounded like...Garnet and Pearl talking.

"I am sure something is wrong! We need to catch this thing so nothing bad will happen!"

Pearl said in a panic tone as Garnet sat down on the couch, crossing her arms with a blank face as I slowly went down the stairs. Not fully though, taking a small peak at what they're talking about. I was confused. Pearl's bandaged eye made my eyes widen in shock.

"It's unstoppable! We can't fight it or defeat it! It needs, to be stopped RIGHT AWAY!"

Pearl said as she clenched her fist out of pure anger but I quickly ran down the stairs raising my hand.

"It's okay! I'll try to stop it! I saw it first so maybe I can try to study it!"

I said while raising my hand while the gems looked at me raising an eyebrow.

"Are you sure you can like, deal with the strong ones? He's like- the same power level as your power level dude!"

Amethyst said as I nodded with confidence, the gems gave me a curious look. They began to talk to each other, worried that I couldn't do it. Looking at me for my response, as I cleared my throat.

"I can, I promise. Even though I'm gonna get killed. Remember, I'm a healing gem! I can heal my wounds!"

I said with stars in my eyes as Pearl spoke up.

"Are you sure Steven? It's a pretty big challenge."

"Pearl's right. It's unpredictable too, Steven. You do know you not gonna win right? You're gonna end up like Pearl. And causes more trouble and makes it stronger, it can even make one of us fall. It can copy your strength too, Steven. Are you sure about your decisions?"

Garnet said standing up from the couch as I nodded with a smile.

"Yep! I'm sure!"

The gems looked at each other as they whispered to each other for a while then looked back at me with a smile.

"Then the decisions have been made, Good luck Steven!"

Pearl said with a smile as Amethyst replied,

"Yeah, good luck dude."

Amethyst said with a smirk, as I looked at Garnet waiting for her reply with a huge excited smile on my face. But her only reply was a thumbs up, it perked me up as I jumped up and down with excitement. I was excited that I finally got to do one job all on my own!

"Alright! See you soon guys!"

I ran to the warp pad, as I waved goodbye. Teleporting to the place where it would...be?

*Amethyst's POV*

I look back at Garnet and Pearl with a curious face.

"Are you guys like- sure he can do it?"

I said with a curious tone, kinda of a bit worried for a hybrid like him! He could even get his gem pulled out again. As Garnet replied:

"It's his confidence that it matters, if he's happy with his decisions then we should be happy too. It always has to be us following him, we go to different missions all alone but not him. So it's time to let him choose what he wants to do now, he's 16 and he knows what is good for him now. But we might give him a helping hand if he fails. The pain is unpredictable anyways."

Garnet said with a smirk, crossing her arms.

"N-no! We must go with him! He might get hurt!"

Pearl said shaking her head, she seemed super worried! As I put my arm around her shoulder.

"Chillax Pearl, Garnet's right though... he's a young adult anyways!"

I said with a snicker as Pearl looked at me, scowling.

"Sigh okay...we will let him be for a while..."

Pearl said with a sigh as I pat her shoulder with a smile.

"Now that's the spirit!"

I said patting Pearl's shoulder with a snicker.