Longing

"wake up" Her sibling told her, "you're coming with me"

"five more minutes" y/n groaned into her bed while being dragged out by [sib name], "Come on, we're meeting up with Em." Y/n yeeted herself out of her bed, got changed, and ate breakfast all in under five minutes. s/n smirked, unbeknownst to y/n,  they were actually meeting up with their friend, Sharon. "OK let's go!!!" Y/n said racing out the door, "this way" s/n said, leading the way.

Huh? Where's Em?  Y/n thought as they reached the bus stop to school. S/n laughed, "my poor, poor gullible sister."

in the end y/n ended up getting what she wanted lol.

"Em!! my pookie!!" Y/n gasped when she saw her at school, "y/n!! my pookie kitty!!!!!" Em screamed back, in platonic love.

'Y/n and Em are weird as fuck.'
They can literally smell the thoughts of others walking by.
'dude are they gay or smth?'
'use the proper term, abby'
'its lesbian'
'yeah its not like its a curse word... right'

eventually Em and y/n calmed down before first period (thank god), and y/n started her usual routine of "i like c/n but I shouldn't like c/n" debate in her head.
Y/n clutched her head, she didn't like these thoughts that drive her crazy in the middle of the night. Then again she should brace herself for rejection. Y/n read enough of those romance books on Wattpad, but the same is true that she should brace herself for the lecture her parents will give her when the find out. Oh, the agony!

When class started, Y/n found that she couldn't concentrate on work. Her mind just kept wandering, to what's she's going to have for lunch and who likes who and who hates her.  "psst! Y/n! What's you get for question 5?" Her deskmate, Mackenzie asked.
Y/n has not realized that they were given worksheets, so, for the sake of her reputation, she made a lie; "oh, I'm only on question 2. Sorry" y/n responded. She could tell Makenzie was a little suspicious in her lack of interest in the conversation, but nevertheless worked on her own. Before anyone could ask again what the answers were for questions, y/n sped through the worksheet. Making a minimum of five mistakes when she checked but,; 'meh, who cares it's not like my parents are going to see this. And I fixed all the mistake(s) anyway!' Y/n thought to herself. She plugged in her air phones and put on her favourite song : f/s/n [favourite sing name], to study to. They have a quiz on Thursday on science, anyways.

At recess it was the same, stealed glances at c/n, flustered conversation about c/n, and maybe a little swearing she has heard, from the older grades.

But what y/n really wished is that c/n would hold her hand again.