9.| Wet Smack

Don't freak out, don't freak out

Don't freak out, don't freak out. Holy Shit.

Adrian's body went completely rigid, unsure if what was happening was actually going down or if he was imagining it. Jenna hugged at his side, the chill from her body penetrating his suit as his warmth fed into her. Maybe that was it, she was just cold? You know what, he didn't care. Adrian would take all of his fucking clothes off if she wanted him to. Well, except for his mask. He wasn't sure if it was his cool superhero bravado or the fact that she was a little chilled. The reasoning didn't matter. He was just so pumped that Jenna was this physically close to him.

Her fingers pressed into his and abruptly he rationalized that maybe it wasn't just the autumn air. Maybe it wasn't a coincidence that she was cold and he was warm. Was this a platonic hug? He wasn't sure what the protocol was here, so he stayed steady and calm. Allowing her to walk with him, hand-in-hand, body against body. He had saved her, stalked her, but in like a totally friendly way, and tried to protect her. Maybe she just trusted him.

Vigilante's brows furrowed as his mind raced. What was trust though? He trusted others. He trusted Chris, he trusted his team, his D&D crew. But, none of them made him feel the way he was feeling right now. No this wasn't just familiarity, it was something else. He hoped.

Jenna's head leaned into his shoulder as they walked side by side. Comfortably she let her cheek rest against the rough material of his suit. Adrian glanced at his side and admired her. For once, he wished he was himself. He wished he was Adrian Chase, a busboy, not Vigilante, a trained killer. His nerves balled, and his stomach crept up his throat. He looked down at her blonde hair and the way her grip tightened against him. He pictured himself in civilian clothes doing this. Jenna's skin pressed into his, their fingers interlaced without the material of his suit between them. He wanted that so fucking bad right now.

Her steps wavered and Jenna almost fell. Luckily, Adrian caught her without hesitation. She swallowed hard, her grip and his nearly immovable as she looked up at him startled.

" Must have slipped. "

Jenna's response was quiet and breathless. She didn't even look at all shocked that she'd nearly kissed the concrete sidewalk.

" I can carry you if you want on my back. "

Adrian jumped in with the most logical answer he could muster, turning and motioning to his back as he looked back at her. Jenna's brows rose and she bit her bottom lip, concealing a smirk.

" You want me to ride you? "

Jenna's words caused Adrian's hands to fall to his side, his expression dropping completely (not that she could see), and his body froze. Her question nearly caused him to topple over. He knew she was kidding, but could he be honest? Because yeah, that would be amazing.