Chapter two

ADALYNNE

I hate this class. It's my last class of the day and it's Honors Biology. I have absolutely zero idea what the fuck Biology even is.

"Adalynne! Are you paying attention?" I hear my best friend Blaire say. She's super smart, but teachers don't support her and think she's that smart because she's lesbian and our school is super homophobic.

"Yeah, yeah i'm paying attention." Apparently the bell rang while i was zoned off, so i pack up all my stuff. I get a text message on my phone.

HOCKEY NERD HAS SENT A MESSAGE

HOCKEY NERD : hey, i'm outside. your class ended ten minutes ago right?

ME : Yeah, i'll be outside in a second. It's just a tutoring session right?

HOCKEY NERD : Maybe 😉.

What is he actually talking about? It's definitely just a study session, I don't have anything else planned for this afternoon. Whatever. I finish packing my stuff up and I head out to where he's waiting. He's dressed in grey sweatpants and a black tank top.

Oh my god he's not.
No. Adalynne. Shut up.
My bad.

Anyways, I make it out to him and we walk to our two schools shared library. On the way there we just talk about school.

"So... Do you have any plans for after our tutoring?" He asks me.

"No? Why?"

"Valentine didn't tell you? Um okay. She decided to plan a double date with her and Blaise and you and I. Just to get to know eachother better."

From the time he said that to the time we got to the library my mind was racing.

What am I supposed to do? What am I supposed to say? I don't date hockey boys. Atleast after what Oliver did.

"Adalynne? Hello?" I hear him say, but my visions super blurry for some reason.

"H- Hey. I can't s- see." is the last thing i say before everything turns black.

MALACHI

I watch Adalynnes body drop to the floor and it feels like my heart dropped with her. I scream. Loud. Someone comes over and helps Adalynne to the nurse but i'm stuck. I can't move. I'm frozen in shock.

Did I cause that? Oh my god I shouldn't have been her tutor, maybe if she wasn't out here then-
Malachi. Stop. It's not your fault.
Oh right. Carry on then.

I immediately called Blaise and Valentine, and told them what's going on. Blaise and all of Adalynnes friends rushed down here. Apparently this happens a lot. They wouldn't mention why, so I didn't push it. We all sat in the nurses office while she was being treated. I sat there after they left for hours. I didn't wanna leave her alone.

I will protect that girl with my life.

TWO HOURS LATER
ADALYNNE