(TighCyno) Birth And Death

NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE OVER HERE NO ACTUAL DEATH JUST LIKE A TINY HAIR STRAND AWAY FROM IT

This is partially based on a roleplay I did but got abandoned, but I just couldn't let go of this idea. I just added near character death because I haven't written angst in a while :)

IMPORTANT NOTE:
THE STUFF ABOUT SHOHRE ISN'T TRUE, I JUST NEEDED A MATRA NPC I COULD USE FOR THE STORY

No beta read :')
.

.

.

"At what point should we start looking for you? What if.. it takes too long? When is too long?"

"Hm, let's say... Start looking for me if I'm gone for twelve months. If I haven't returned to the Akademiya by then, then you may reach out to the Akademiya and yell at them all you want to go to the temple and find me, okay? Preferably no earlier."

Cyno said 'too long' was twelve months. To Tighnari, 'too long' was half of that. Six months in, and Tighnari got worrisome comments from Collei about his well-being, the girl claiming that he hasn't been eating and sleeping well. As much as he wanted to deny that, she wasn't wrong. But how could you not be worried to the point of losing appetite and the urge to sleep when you know your partner went back to the temple where all of his misery began, the temple that brought him the spirit of Hermanubis? And beside that, told him to find him twelve months into his expeditions?! Tighnari knew Cyno did this to help both Sumeru and himself, as he might get answers to the rumored return of King Deshret, and he could have the chance of getting to know more about Hermanubis, but Tighnari also knew that those temples in the desert were filled with all sorts of creatures of which majority is hostile. Yes, Cyno is the General Mahamatra, and yes, Cyno should be able to take on all of those creatures, but it still didn't sit right with Tighnari. The General had warned him about not knowing how long the expedition would take because of how big the temple is and how many complicated mechanisms and everything lay within it, and therefore he set the time limit on twelve months, but Tighnari already had an annoyingly aching gut feeling that something was wrong already. What might have made it worse is the fact that Cyno went into the temple all alone. He said he didn't want to endanger any of the other Matra, as he didn't know what was in the temple before he entered it, which he hadn't done since he was four, when he was forced into it. He wasn't sure if the spirit inside of him would do something like lashing out, endangering both Cyno himself and the people he could have brought with him. So Tighnari did understand the logic of going in alone, but it still remained too dangerous, even for the General Mahamatra.

"That's it, I'm going to the Akademiya." Tighnari stated confidently as he stood up from his seat.

Collei's eyes widened, worry immediately filling her facial expression. "But Master, General Cyno said to only look for him six months later!"

"Cyno can say whatever he wants. I'm not going to just wait here when I can feel that something is wrong." Tighnari said as he grabbed his bow and his archery quiver, willing it into his Vision so he wouldn't have to carry it all the way to the Akademiya and the desert, and so that he could summon them whenever he had to.

Collei nodded slightly, signing that she understood. "But what do we do while you're gone? You're leaving without informing anyone but me..."

"Tell Umm where I went, she will take over until I'm back." Tighnari stood up, taking only a bag with healing aid with him beside his weapon. "Don't worry, okay? Everything will be alright, I promise. I'll be back before you know it."