Part I

A/N: Typed this up last minute cause I felt bad about the slow updates! Sorry it's a shorter one! Remember to vote, comment and follow me on IG (xlaurmanix)!

🤍

...

Normani (2:01 am): hey

Normani (2:03 am): you up?

Megan (2:03 am): maybe.

Normani (2:04 am): 🙄

Normani (2:04 am): quit playin.

Three bubbles appear on Normani's phone, causing the young woman seated in her car to bounce her leg up and down in anticipation.

However, as quickly as the bubbles appear, they disappear. The twenty three year old's brows furrow in irritation. She scoffs under her breath before typing out another text.

Normani (2:05 am): i'm outside. open the door.

Normani (2:05 am): now.

Hoping her message is clear, Normani locks her phone before stepping outside her shiny vehicle.

She adjusts the black baseball cap sitting on her head, looking over her shoulders, before making her way towards the front gate of Megan's small home.

She's quick with movements, not wanting any potential onlookers to catch a glimpse of her face. She's not exactly supposed to be here, especially not at this time.

Normani is lightly jogging up Megan's steps, stopping at the before last one, when the woman in question finally opens her door, albeit not entirely.

Megan isn't fully dressed, only clad in a NASA t-shirt and a pair of black panties that leave very little to the imagination. It's obvious she's just rolled out of bed. Her bonnet is still on, her eyes hang low, a clear indication of her exhaustion, and she stands barefoot, her white toenails on display.

"What are you doing here?" Megan asks, her voice hoarse from sleep. "I've got a shift at the hospital in the morning. You know that."

Normani looks at the woman intensely for a moment, simply taking her in and admiring how beautiful she looks.

The singer chuckles dryly to herself after she looks Megan up and down. Her hands go to the pockets of her hoodie to protect them from the nighttime cold.

"Why don't you let me in and find out?"

Megan scoffs, her eyes rolling hard to the back of her head. Normani knows what she's doing, coming here at this time and looking at her like that. Megan crosses her arms protectively over her chest. She's not falling for this again.

"Girl. You've got a lot of nerve. You realize it's past two in the morning, right?"

"Okay?" Normani challenges, climbing to the final step, looking at the other woman eye to eye now. Well, as much as she can given their height difference. "That's never stopped us before. Besides... I was missing you," the R&B singer finishes, staring at Megan longingly. She unconsciously leaves the med student feeling weak.