chapter three | friends

MOVIE PRODUCTION STARTS today. Everything was ready to go. The wardrobe and costumes were perfect and the script was probably the best she's seen. The best part is that DC approved it, that's their sign that it would be successful. They hoped so anyway.

So far, everyone showed up, except for the two leads, Ryan and Blake. They're fifteen minutes late and counting. Every few seconds or so Y/n would check the time, patiently waiting for them to walk onto the set.

They were officially twenty minutes late and Y/n was freaking out. "Has anyone heard from Blake or Ryan?" She questioned, her nervous tone becoming more noticeable by the second. She understood that people were late sometimes but to hear nothing adds to the worry.

Her friend was quick to come to the rescue. They wrapped an arm around her and guided her to her office. "You have got to chill out," Bliss spoke as they grabbed a water bottle from the mini-fridge. They handed her the bottle before continuing. "They'll get here soon."

Y/n nodded in agreement and then took a sip of the cold drink. "It's just that we've spent so much money already and without them, we can't film this movie and get that money back for other projects." She explained and glanced at the door. She hoped someone would come in to tell her they had arrived but it didn't happen.

No lead actors meant no movie.

She started losing hope till Rhett opened the door and leaned in enough to look at his boss, aka his friend. "Please tell us they're here so she can chill out," Bliss begged, soon receiving a death glare from Y/n.

"Yeah, they're here and waiting for you."

Rhett left the room, Y/n and Bliss soon following behind. She took a few seconds to take some deep breaths before she could direct.

They made it to set, ready to start filming but Blake quickly approached her to apologize. "I would have been here sooner but I got distracted." She explained. Y/n saw the look on her face and knew she was telling the truth. "I was having breakfast with a former co-star and just lost track of time. I don't know what Ryan's reason is though."

"It doesn't matter, at least you're here." She admitted and then sat down in her chair. "Now, let's get some work done."

They quickly scattered to their different departments to get costumes on and hair and makeup done. They were already behind schedule, and that needed to be fixed fast.

She had faith that it could be done.

Everyone went to lunch once Y/n called cut, leaving her and the rest of the crew alone, or so she thought. Y/n sat in her office to look at the small amount of footage they had. While watching them act, something felt wrong. It was like they had no chemistry, or at least couldn't act like it.

She had an idea to fix the problem. It was something her directors used to do with her.

Maybe it could work for them.

She wrote a few notes for later, soon stopping when Blake walked in. "I thought you would be having lunch right now." She pointed out after pausing the footage and looking up at the blonde who had just shut the door. "What do you need, Blake?"

"I wanted to apologize again for being late this morning." Her voice had a sincere tone, she truly felt bad. Y/n's eyes followed her as Blake moved to sit across from her in the chair in front of the desk. "I'm normally on time but you already know that." She began to ramble but Y/n quickly stopped her.

"Believe me, I know." She replied with a chuckle to lighten the mood. Blake didn't have to worry and Y/n was going to make sure she knew she wasn't upset about it. It would be hypocritical since she's late a lot. "While you're here, I want to talk to you about something."

She saw the look of concern appear on Blake's face. Only she knew what she was thinking, it probably wasn't anything good either. "Is everything okay?" She questioned nervously.

"Everything is fine, I just have some concerns."

Y/n rewind the tape and flipped the screen around before pressing the play button. Blake watched the footage, wondering what could be wrong with it. Her facial expression was enough to prove that, Y/n could tell what she was thinking. She paused the tape and flipped the screen back around. She couldn't see anything that Y/n would find not good enough, it seemed perfect to her.

"Is there something wrong with it?" She wondered, now looking at the director. After a second of thought, she realized this might be something Blake doesn't hear that often, she hoped this won't end horribly. "If there is, I'm not seeing it." She admitted.

"Your acting is great but I just don't see any chemistry between you two."

She couldn't understand what Y/n was saying. She just couldn't see what she was talking about, she thought you could see the chemistry. She wasn't used to criticism like that. "Is there something you suggest to fix that?" Her attitude seemed to change, she couldn't tell in what way though.

"This is just something to try. Tomorrow, you and Ryan will spend the day together and then we'll try the scene again the next day." Y/n explained, soon receiving a nod from Blake. "Don't worry, I'll tell Ryan the same thing later."

She nodded once more before checking if anything else would be discussed. Y/n signaled her to leave so she could finish up a few things before lunch ended. Once she left the room, she let out a deep sigh before researching some things for the two lead actors to do, and they had to form some kind of friendship for any of this to work, and she didn't think it would take too long.

She'll talk to Ryan when they finish for the day.

They were almost done for the day. They were filming the first fight scene, and everything was perfect. It was the first fight scene to get done in the first take. Although it was perfect, she still felt that something was missing. She wasn't sure what it could be. She'll have to run it over with Ford and Penn later.

She checked the time on her phone to see that they had five minutes left. She could call cut now or try to fix the scene on her own.

She knew what she had to do. "Cut!" She spoke into her megaphone. The crew was quick to start putting stuff away and the cast was going to change but she quickly stopped Ryan for a second. "Come see me in my office before you leave."

Ryan nodded in acknowledgment before going to his trailer to change.

Half an hour had passed and Ryan had walked into the office. "You asked me to see you?" He questioned nervously after shutting the door. He had the same face as a kid that was called to the principal's office. "Am I in any kind of trouble?"

"No, of course not. Just take a seat."

He did as told, waiting to see what this was about. She flipped the screen around and played the same footage she played for Blake earlier. They had the same expressions while watching the video, confusion. Maybe she was wrong about the no chemistry thing, they sure do think the same.

He didn't see a problem either.

"What am I not seeing here?" Two amazing actors and neither of them saw what Y/n tried to show them. She couldn't blame them for that either, it took a while for her to spot it without help.

"There's no chemistry there but I have a solution."

He looked at her with a concerned yet curious expression. He wondered how this would go yet he didn't want to know, he was scared to know. "It's nothing bad right?" He asked, his worried tone becoming more visible.

"No, you two will be spending the day together," Y/n explained as she flipped the screen around once again. She turned the footage off to give him her full attention. "I want you two to get to know each other. Become her friend, she won't bite or anything I promise."

"I guess I can do that."

"Good, I'll see you tomorrow."

Ryan said his goodbyes and then left the room. Now, all that needed to be done was set a time and meeting place for the two of them and set a few rules. She wanted this to be the best movie she's made. This would get it one step closer to that point.

This was good for them.

————————
brooke speaks!

i stayed up till 2am to
finish this. hoping there's
no mistakes!