Chapter 7

(???? pov)

I didn't know why... but I got the sudden urge to visit my cousin. We barley get to see each other so, It was gonna be a good visit. I packed my bags and headed to the airport. It was a 5 hour flight to get to L.A from NYC. I boarded the plane, sat in my seat, and dozed off.

~//~//~//~//~//~//~//~//~//~

When the plane landed, I was so exited. I haven't seen my cousin in a few years and I'm sure she's still the same. I didn't want to let her know I was coming though, I wanted to surprise her. I texted my mom and let her know I landed safe. She texted back...

Alright dear, When you see Y/N let her know that I'm sorry I couldn't come along but I will next time.

I smiled and texted...

Ok I will, love you ma.

When I put my phone away, It took me a second to find out where to go. I haven't been to an L.A airport in a while. It may be beautiful at night but Its complicated as hell.(Video up top..sorry about the corny song) I got outside and caught a cab to Y/N's house. When I knocked... she didn't answer.

Weird.

I pulled out my phone, I knew I had one of her friends numbers in my contacts somewhere... I kinda still wanna keep the element of surprise. I clicked on the number and it started to ring.

1 ring... 2 rings... 3 rings.......

"Who the fuck is this?" Someone answered. They sounded like their nose was stuffed up. Yeah... its him.

"Damn, wassup to you to." I said laughing. "Its Elijah."

"EJ??" He asked, sounding surprised. "Wassup woe?!? Niggas ain't seen you in years. Where you been...?!?!"

I moved the phone from my ear as he continued to yell. When he got quiet I put it back. "You done?"

"Yeah."

I laughed. "I'm in LA right now and I was wondering if you knew where Y/N was?"

"No I don't.. I'm in the hospital actually." He said. " Is she not home?"

"Nah, I'm at her spot now.." I sighed. " I was tryna surprise her by showing up, but she not here."

"I don't know, man." He said. " Call Craig. He was the last person to see her fo sure."

"What about Santo? Weren't they like really close??" I asked.

"Umm..."

"What?"

"Its... he's uhh..."

"What? They not friends no more? What?"

"Santo's dead." He said, shutting me all the way up. I thought for a second but then I laughed.

"Your kidding right?"

"I wish I was..."

There was a long silence. It was mainly me who wasn't talking but... what could I say? Santo was my friend, and its never good to know that someone you knew is gone.... dead.

"How?" I asked

"Plane crash."

I narrowed my eyes. I heard about a plane crash back home. "That was you?"

Ray sighed "That was all of us."

I was still in shock a little so I sat down on Y/N's front steps.

"A lot happened since you been gone bro. And Its gonna take a lot more than one phone call to explain everything." He said. I paused before saying..

"What hospital are you in? I'm on my way."