Chapter 2

The next few days were pretty much the same for Asher. Though the testing, was not as bad as it had been before. Whenever Asher had shown clear signs of discomfort or uneasiness or being hurt, Axel would always stop and make sure he was ok, adjusting whatever he could to make it more bearable for Asher to the best of his abilities. It was about a week after Asher had met Axel at this point, and he had grown accoustm to the check ins from him at random points through the day, even when he wasn't being tested on.

Today was like any other day, except that Axel seemed more distant today for some reason, not talking as much as he normally would, and Asher missed it a little. He hoped it wasn't what he thought it was, that Axel had found out about Ashers record, of the real reason he was kept on heavy sedatives most of the time, and when he wasn't, why no one was permitted in the same room as him.

Axel walked into Ashers cell with an almost expressionless face as he looked at Asher. Asher looked at him from the bed he was sitting on, slightly scared but also confused, Axel never looked like that, he was always happy, or sad, or something, but never like this, and it worried Asher.

"Axel...are you ok?" He asked quietly, his voice soft and concerned.

Axel didn't respond at first, but after a few seconds he did. "So, you ripped out a scientists throat with your bare teeth, huh?" Axel said. He didn't sound angry or scared, more disappointed. Ashers eyes went wide as he heard this, the words that he hoped would never come out of Axels mouth.

"I-" He started to say something, an excuse, but decided against it. "Y-yes...I did" He says quietly, looking away from Axel.

"I thought you were diffrent" Axel muttered to himself and sighed as he looked at Asher a look that Asher couldn't quiet make out on his face. "Did you have a reason for it, or were you just mad?" He asked, tilting his head to the side slightly.

Asher bit the inside of his cheek, refusing to meet Axels gaze at this point. "I-I was just...mad...and scared" He muttered, knowing for sure that Axel wouldn't be kind to him anymore, or look at him the same, or anything like that, or so he thought anyway.

Axels expression softened, a look of understanding crossing his face when Asher said he had been scared. "I see...so you were just scared?" He asked softly, the disappointed look on his face completely dissapreing and being replaced with a look of concern, understanding, and sadness.

Asher was shocked for a second, he expected Axel to hate him now or something, but yet here he was, looking concerned and sad for him. "Y-yeah" He said, finally meeting Axel's gaze with his own. "T-they wouldn't leave me alone...I got scared and overwhelmed.." He explained looking up at Axel as he stood in front of him.

Axel nodded his head, seeming to understand now. "Well, if that was the case I don't see why they put you on such heavy sedatives, it seems a bit much for something that happened when you were scared and overwhelmed" He mummers, looking down at the needle in his hand that Asher had only just now noticed.

Asher didn't say anything, he just shrugged his shoulders and glanced away from him, putting back up his usual cold demener rather than the concerned one he had on a few minutes ago. He offered his arm to Axel, expecting for him to inject the needle, but instead Axel just shoved the needle back into his lab coat and looked at Asher.

"Y'know, they took every other scientist off your case ad of today" He said calmly looking at Asher who seemed surprised that he didn't inject him with the sedative. "That means I get to decide whether or not I give you certain things" Axel says, a small smile crossing his face "I won't tell them, but I will no longer be giving you that sedative" He says, looking at Asher gently.

Asher looked at him, completely surprised and confused "But why?" He questions, his clold facade faltering slightly for a second before returning.

"Because, I don't think you need it" Axel replies simply with a shrug. Asher had no idea why he was doing this, why he would be doing such a thing. Axel looked at him, and Asher could have sworn he saw something flicker in his eyes, but it didn't last long as Axel turned and started walking towards his cell door.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow then" He says, glaring back at Asher and giving him a small wink as he smirked at him slightly before walking out the door, closing and locking it and leaving Asher completely confused and stunned.

Asher sat there, watching the door and thinking to himself. 'What the hell was that?' Was the main question in his head. 'Why was he acting like that all of a sudden?' Asher sighed, shaking his head as he sat on his bed before laying down, staring up at the ceiling and letting his mind wander.

Meanwhile, Axel walked down the hallway, thinking about how he was going to get this to work...how was he going to accomplish what he needed to with Asher. He sighed as he reached his office, shutting the door behind him and sitting down at his desk, thinking, his mind racing on how he was going to get what he needed done with Asher, and how he was going to pull it off...

A/N: Ok, so, this is definitely really early. I think I'm just going to post whenever I can, so, no real posting schedule, just whenever I can. So, who's your favorite character atm? Just wondering, even though there's only two characters right now. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I will see you next time I upload, bye :D