Chapter 1: Boredom

It was a beautiful day at ELO's house. Jeff and Kelly were playing Mario Kart Wii in the living room, Bev was in the kitchen practicing his drumming skills, and Richard was in his room watching television.

Bev was feeling so confident regarding his specific session, which was over Mr. Blue Sky, that he accidentally started playing it too loud.

"Ey Bev, could you cut it out? I'm trying to blue shell Kelly!" Jeff griped as he was smashing the Wii controller buttons so much they left imprints in his thumbs.

"What, Jeffrey? I can't hear you, over this awesome beat I just invented!" Bev replied, oblivious to the curly long haired man.

"I SAID: COULD YOU CUT IT OUT??? I'M OVER HERE TRYING TO MAKE KELLY'S KART BLOW UP AND YOU'RE IN THERE MAKING NOISE M8!" Jeff yelled, more irate.

Hearing this, Bev stopped.

Bev sighed and had a dejected look on his face.

"And... we've played this song millions of times! You didn't invent it just now!" Jeff added.

"I didn't mean-"

"Ah, whatever," Jeff blurted, not letting the drummer have a chance to speak. He was already nervous playing the game, and the sound of the drums made him even more nervous.

Kelly was nervous too: for he didn't know he was about to be blue-shelled by the frontman...

Shaking with the controller in his hand, Kelly's heart rate increased as he tried to escape Jeff, who was playing as Mario.

"Oh no... please no... just no... JEEEEFFFFFF" Kelly screamed as he was hit by a blue shell.

"Haha! Got you now!" Jeff hollered.

"Nooo Luigi!" Kelly cried, disappointed over losing the round.

"Wanna play another round?" Jeff asked, energized from the last round. Kelly's mouth began to curl into a smile, and he stopped sloping and sat up straight.

"Of course, mate... of course..."

"Oh no... ohhh no...." Jeff muttered as his breathing increased, trying to escape the red shell that Kelly threw at him. Hopping over the mushrooms in Mushroom Gorge, the shell hadn't hit him yet.

"Rah, I hate this track!" Jeff growled, scared for his life.

Perfect, Kelly thought, happy to give Jeff a taste of his own medicine.

This whole time Bev moved from his drum set to lay on the couch in the living room, behind the other two men, who were sitting on the floor in front of the television. He just stared at them quietly, as he was dreadfully bored.

After going through the first lap successfully, Jeff attempted to bounce on the first set of mushrooms but unfortunately ran into a banana on a green mushroom. Kelly started chuckling.

"AAAARGH" Jeff snarled, indignantly.

And then... with his kart stopping, the red shell finally succeeded in hitting him.

"GRAH!!! KELLY!" Jeff yelped, even more startled. Kelly started laughing a bit harder.

Jeff's kart began to topple over. Jeff, realizing this, smashed the buttons on the controller so hard his fingertips started stinging, but he didn't care.

"No, NO!!! I'M FALLING!!! BEV HELP ME!!! BEV TAKE OVER MY SPOT NOW!!!" Jeff screamed, his voice getting higher pitched, a little disoriented from his fear of losing this round. Kelly broke out and laughed uncontrollably.

"No," Bev muttered, still hurt from earlier. His eyes burnt into the television like daggers. He felt offended that he couldn't play his drums as he was "too loud" while Jeff was over there screaming even louder at the top of his lungs. Kelly tried to control himself and ceased his laughter.