[ 3 ] ; Steel Mandibles - Report

NAME: STEEL MANDIBLES

CODENAME: FLORA-4847

ANIMAL HYBRID: INDIAN FLOWER MANTIS

VIRUS HOST: IDENTIFIED AS PUNKAY, 20 YEAR OLD BASEBALL BATTER

DATE OF LOCATION: AUGUST 9TH, 20XX

THREAT LEVEL: 5

LOCATION AREA: POPCORNTOPIA NATIONAL PARK, FORESTAL SECTOR 2

INFECTION RATE: SEVERE, SKIN FLAPS HANGING FROM SOME APPENDAGES, COMPLETELY FERAL, ALMOST COMPLETELY NONHUMAN SAVE FOR THE HEAD AND UPPER TORSO

FATALITY COUNTER: CIRCA 100+ PERSONNEL

FLORA-4847, also known as Steel Mandibles, is an extremely aggressive hybrid and will strike at any given time. Its hunger is almost never ending, needing to be fed 2 times a day minimum. Corpses of deceased workers from the morgue and large portions of poultry usually do the trick. Due to its high levels of aggression, its cell is constantly clouded with sedatives and workers must wear hazmat suits when feeding it to avoid the effects of said sedatives. It is obviously prohibited to enter its cell, and doing so will result in immediate death at the hands of Steel Mandibles.

Steel Mandibles, despite being identified as an Indian Flower Mantis hybrid, displays hunting behavior found in the Praying Mantis, especially in its method of killing; it grips its prey firmly in its "arms", and once the prey is tired, Steel Mandibles begins to eat it; often starting with the head. Depending on how hungry it is, Steel Mandibles will either chew on the head or simply bite it off. The grip is so strong it could potentially crush its prey's torso, but if this does happen, Steel Mandibles will not care and munch down on its prey anyway.

Steel Mandibles used to be a man named Punkay, about 20 years old at the time of infection; he was a baseball batter at the famous Popcorntopia stadium, and was known for his bombastic and slightly egotistical behavior and his rivalry with catcher Badamb, whose whereabouts are currently unknown. The infection was likely gained at the time of the mass geyser outbreak in Popcorntopia, meaning there was a mass exposure of gases in his area, causing major mutations.

All in all, Steel Mandibles is extremely dangerous and proper caution is needed when approaching it. God help us all if it ever breaches containment.

Report written by personnel Brandy

*There's an almost invisible tear mark on the paper. It looks like it was attempted to be wiped away.*