ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ¹⁰⁴

Just two chapters for now but I made them extra long (⁠。⁠•̀⁠ᴗ⁠-⁠)⁠✧

Also sorry for the migrating, I can't edit the last book because my potato phone keeps kicking me out whenever I try to 💀

Anyhoodles, enjoy~

———————————————

"I thought you'd last longer." Y/n heard The Overseer say as he stood over her.

Y/n coughed and tried crawling away from him. Other than the pain she physically felt all over, her head was hurting like hell. The blaring of the alarms did not help for her insane headache.

"You know what..." She began, "Fuck you." She growled and he tightened his hand around his sword.
"You brought this onto yourself, child." Y/n groaned as she flipped herself over so that she was facing the Overseer and corrected him,
"Actually, I'm legally an-"
"Silence! No more out of you! You seem to think you're so funny..."
"Weeeell..."

She flinched when he drove the sword into the floor beside her leg, missing it by an inch. "This isn't a joke!" He grabbed her collar and lifted her again, "I am going to kill you! What of that do you not understand?!" He shouted and shook her back and forth.

She threw her ice-covered hand against the side of his face and he let go of her. "You... Brat!" He angrily turned to her as she hurried onto her feet and sprinted the other way.

She made a run for it.

"Get back here!" She screamed when the chain covered in blades latched onto her shoulder and an upper section of her back.

Her first instinct was to peel it off but knew she'd end up doing more damage to her hand in the process. She tried to remain still, trying her best to not let it sink further into her back.

However, he pulled. Y/n screamed again and stumbled backwards as her hand hovered over the bladed chain on her shoulder. The Overseer pulled again and the blades dug further into her shoulder, forcing her to fall on her back.
"Ah, shit!" She cursed in pain and felt tears prick her eyes.

The two doors in front of her slammed open. The two stopped to look and she saw her knight in shining armor. Her valiant hero. Her silver-maned, amber-eyed, crimson-horned, purple-cladded hero.

"Itto!" She cried out in joy. "Shortie!" Itto happily replied with a wide grin, elated to see Y/n.

Without his mask, she could see there was a big black and blue bruise beneath his eye which looked rather swollen. But other than that, he seemed fine.

He looked at the Overseer, challenging him with his gaze. "Hey you!" He pointed at the man, "Yeah, y...you..." Y/n's face fell when he struggled to stand upright. He lost his balance for a second and had to lean on the door for support.
"Ahem, 'scuse me. You're going DOWN, old man!" The part-oni proclaimed to which the other two stared incredulously.

'We're going to die.'

"I'm surprised you can stand at all, Oni. The drugs should've kept you down for another 24 hours. I seemed to have underestimated you." The Overseer clenched his teeth, upset that he had made such a simple mistake.

"No matter. What's one more loose end..." The Overseer pushed the button on the handle of the chain and Y/n could feel the small blades retract and pulled out of her skin. She cried out in pain, her hand shooting up to tend to her bleeding shoulder.