ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ¹⁰⁶

"Oh shit."

Y/n and her dad swore at the same time.

"I hate to ruin your little getaway but I am TIRED of you mortals! You ruin everything!" Mikaboshi was starting to lose his composure.

"Change of plans..." He held up the omomori charm and D/n's eyes widened. "I kill you, get to the surface and cause mayhem! That sounds like a WONDERFUL idea!" Mikaboshi's cheery tone did not match his words at all and made him appear almost unnerving.

D/n stepped in front of the other two and holding his arm out in a protective manner as he stared down the deity.
     "You can't do anything, Mikaboshi. You need a wielder. All you can do is create illusions. You can't touch us otherwise." D/n reminded the spirit who began to laugh.

"Great argument... But what if the three of you were to sleep for, let's say, forever? Your bodies will deteriorate in the real world. It might take some time sure, but eventually some idiot will come across a magical charm that grants you whatever wish you want! There ought to be someone as gullible as you and the people running this factory..."

D/n continued to glare at the spirit, trying hard to come up with something.

"You three won't be there to see me fix the world... But that's a small price to pay for my dream to come true..."

"You didn't think this far, did you?" Y/n stepped forward and all eyes were on her. She stared down the spirit who turned his head at her,
"What?"
"That plan. It's stupid. Right, Itto?" She nudged him and he nodded, "Yeah! That's a super lame plan, man."

The spirit glanced between them with bewilderment. "What- what is happening right now?" Itto crossed his arms, "Admit it, Gas-Man... You can't defeat us."

Y/n assumed a similar pose, staring defiantly at the shadowy figure.
"Yeah, Mister Fart-Cloud! You're no match for us!" Itto leaned to the side to whisper at Y/n with an approving nudge, "Fart-Cloud, nice one." Y/n grinned with pride, "Thank you."

Mikaboshi's physical form seem to move with more jittery movements, seemingly growing more infuriated with their childishness by the second and D/n looked back at the pair in exasperation. He honestly couldn't believe their taunting was working on the deity.

Mikaboshi floated towards them and roared out, "INSOLENCE! You think you have a chance at facing me? I am a partial GOD! I have abilities you mortals could only dream of! I've existed for over a MILLENNIA! I have knowledge long forgotten by your people, knowledge that outlived your obsolete methods of recording. You have no respect for–"

Y/n interrupted with a loud yawn, "Sorry, is he still talking?" She asked and turned to the other two, clearly not taking the deity seriously.

"You..." Mikaboshi looked like he was shaking with rage, the omomori in his translucent hand violently shaking as well.

Y/n eyed the omomori and glanced at Itto who was doing the same thing. "Thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?" Itto whispered to her while her father looked at the two in confusion, having not a clue as to what they were planning.

"Yo, Michimaki! Why dontcha just let us go and we'll be on our merry way!" Itto smirked as he took a step or two towards the infuriated spirit.

"How do you... mess up a name... SO BADLY?!" Mikaboshi yelled and made his form grow larger as he loomed over Itto. While distracted, Y/n took her chance and shuffled a little closer.

D/n could only watch in puzzlement as Itto interacted with the deity. He was either really brave or really stupid. D/n thought it was most likely the latter.

He wondered if the oblivious thing he had going on was an act he cleverly thought up and he wasn't as stupid as everyone seems to think he is... nah.

D/n picked up that the two seemed to have some sort plan which he was unaware of. He had to admit, it was impressive how the two seemed to communicate without words and coordinate their... Whatever it is that they were doing.

"NOW!" Itto suddenly shouted and the two lunged at the deity. D/n, being a person with a fast reaction time, had also rushed Mikaboshi though he wasn't sure why.

After two failed attempts at swiping the omomori, Mikaboshi moved himself out of their reach by floating above them.

"ENOUGH!"

Suddenly, the floor shook violently beneath them and smoke shot out from the deity's form and clouded their vision.

The whole room seemed to fill with thick mist, leaving Y/n coughing as she backed up. Her eyes scanned the dense cloud all around her but couldn't see anything or anyone. "Itto? Dad?" She spun around as she searched but could not find them.

She heard something to her right and tentatively approached the source. Suddenly, Itto was literally thrown into view, rolling across the ground by her feet.

"Itto?!" She knelt down beside him and grabbed either sides of his face. "Are you okay?" She asked and he groaned as he peered up at her,
"Ow... (cough) Am I dead?"
"Dead? No, you're just–"
"'Cause I'm seeing angels~" Y/n's concern faded completely and looked at him with a 'really?' look before slapping his shoulder. "Ow! Bully!"

She sighed and held a hand out to him and helped him up. "What just happened, by the way?" Itto could only shrug, just as clueless as her. Her head turned towards another sound in the distance. Through the mist, she saw a figure running towards them.

"You two!" She heard her father's voice, followed by him leaping through the mist. He landed beside the two and turned to face where he had just come from. "We need to go, now!" He commanded without taking his eyes of the mist.

"Why? What did you see? What's going on?" Y/n interrogated her father, now also staring into the mist with increasing concern. A deep growl answered from deep within the mist and she backpedaled away from the sound.

"What the..." She felt Itto's hand wrap around hers and he pulled it towards him, "We're not sticking around to find out! Let's go, Mister L/n!" Itto lead the way and D/n didn't think twice before hurrying after the two.

Behind them, a distant roar filled the foggy air. "Don't stop!" Y/n urged Itto to keep moving and D/n followed suit.
    "What the heck is happening? Are we in a dream right now?" Itto asked as they ran from the mystery creature.
    "It would seem so." D/n grumbled as he glanced behind them. "So how do we get out?" Y/n asked and D/n's frown deepened, "I... Don't know."

Another roar rippled through the air and the floor began to shake violently. Loud splintering cracks could be heard all around them and Y/n could've sworn the floor itself sank a beneath her feet.

D/n urgently held up a hand. "Y/n, Oni, don't move..." Everyone stood completely still, afraid of what he meant by that. The roaring persisted, only now it was getting closer.

"We're sitting ducks!" Itto whispered loudly. A loud rumbling was heard off far in distance that was increasingly getting louder and the floor shook again, dropping by another few centimeters. The three looked at each other in shared panic as the rumbling continued to near their location.

A large silhouette could be seen through the thick fog now, bounding over to them. The floor shook and a large snap broke through the air. Y/n watched as a huge crack formed a few feet from her and I grew as the unseen monstrosity continued to make it's way to them.

Another snap resounded behind her, followed by Itto's startled yelp. Y/n's head jolted towards his direction and saw a flash of red, white and purple just as he fell through the gargantuan crack that opened up in the floor.

"ITTO!" She cried out and tried going after him. "Y/n, no!" D/n tried to stop her but it was too late. The floor gave in beneath her feet and she lost he balance. The last thing she saw was her father reaching out to her desperately before she was sent plummeting.

———————————————