Imagery

You lay awake, staring at the ceiling. Loki sleeps on the cot across from you. 

You stand and creep towards Loki. You make a fake dagger glow into existence in your hand and trace it on his neck.

"Even though this dagger is fake I could still kill you." You whisper. He doesn't move. 

"Aren't you going to beg for your life?" You whisper in his ear. He turns his head slightly, but still doesn't wake. He's an idiot. A heavy sleeper. 

You sigh and shake your head to yourself. Standing, you move back to your cot. The imaginary dagger disappears from your hand.  

...

You wake to Loki standing. His feet hitting the floor was enough to wake you up. After your estimated four hours of sleep last night, you're in an even worse mood. 

Loki grins mischievously at you. You glare back. "What is it now?"

"Let's fight. This time, though, magic's allowed." He crosses his arms and you give a wry chuckle. This was going to be easy.

"Okay." You say, standing and smiling. "I hope you know what your asking for."

"I do." He stands as well. You both snap into a defensive position. 

Loki lunges at you and you dive away, though leaving another vision of you standing there. Loki stands. His hair toss was very dramatic. 

You both circle each other, as well as the copy of you. He looks between you, trying to figure out which one is the real you. 

"Take your time." You and your copy say at the same time. 

"Rrgghh!" Loki lunges again and manages to tackle you. You flip over him and remove yourself. He grabs your foot and twists so you fall, but you kick him in the face. 

"Ow!"

"Sorry." You say. "Not sorry." You murmur under your breath. You smile as you put your plan into action. 

"Hey! Settle down in there!" A guard shouts and Loki turns angrily. 

"We did this yesterday and you fine with I—"

You tackle him this time and you both wrestle. Finally you have him pinned to the ground. 

"Told you." You say, then decide on one more trick. You loosen your grip and he sends you off him. You stumble back and your real self falls behind your cot, hidden. 

Another copy of you is standing a few feet away from Loki.

"Hey!" The guard yells again. "I told you to knock it off!"

Your copy advances on Loki, who is standing now. 

"Stand down or I'll shoot!"

Your copy still advances. The guard shoots it and it falls to the ground. Loki stands there with a shocked expression on his face, then looks out the transparent orange wall to the guard. He looks scared. 

You start to laugh and you stand from behind the cot. Loki jumps and then realizes what happened. The guard and the copy of you disappear and and regains himself.

"The guard was never real, was he?" Loki says, putting his hands and his pockets. It wasn't really even a question, but you nod, still laughing. Loki looks like he's internally kicking himself for falling for it. 

"Did you learn your lesson?" You ask, sliding over the cot. 

"What's that?"

"To never underestimate me. And to never challenge me to a duel that uses magic." 

Loki grits his teeth and sighs. "I never yielded." 

You grin when a prisoner from across the room yells, "Yeah, man, she beat you!"

Loki looks, now realizing everyone who could see your cell was watching the whole thing. 

"Fine." He says. Then he gives you a look as he points at you is what you assume is supposed to be in a menacing way. "But this isn't over."

"Can't admit I'm better than you?" You ask teasingly. Loki sighs and turns away. You smile. 

It was sort of cute the way he tried to beat you. 

- - -

It's sort of weird to be writing two Loki fanfics at the same time, but it's fun. Go check out my other one on my profile. I'm also dying for season two of Loki to come out and I really hope its release date won't be moved back. 

-VictoryGreen8