Chapter 1 - Aegrotatio

You discover the ruins of what seems to be an Arctic Research Facility in the middle on the Mountains on your expedition. The site's roof is gone as lots of snow has covered up most of the site. You enter the entrance zone as you see a generator that is currently powering up the facility whilst on low energy. 

You find multiple bodies infested with strange, dark green cracks under the staff's skin. You're a bit creeped out as someone would be, considering this is a wasteland of a facility. You suddenly have the courage to enter one of the sectors of the facility.

ACCESS DENIED, PLEASE ENTER THE CORRECT CREDENTIALS TO ACCESS THE SECTOR.

3 TRIES REMAINING.

You find that you don't have the code to enter the sector, as you now have to search for any hints at what the code would be. You would find a border patrol member at the corner of the barbed wired fence. You notice that he has a small piece of paper, taking it out safely: it reveals the code.

3571

You now put the paper in your pocket, checking your hands and other parts of your body if they have gotten the same cracks as the other had. No sign of such. You now feel hungry as you enter the credentials.

ACCESS GRANTED; YOU MAY PROCEED.

You're led to a staircase leading to the 1st Sector of the Arctic facility. You inhale, as you now exhale. You walk down the stairs, the echoey footsteps now making large amounts of noise in the facility. Who knows? You might have awakened something in the process.

You now look around, you're in Office Corridor #1. Computers are around you as you notice some are cracked with piles of snow laying around the chamber. You try to boot up one of the computers as you check for the cracks on the seat. Surprisingly, there's none.

The computer now boots up as there is surprisingly no code for you to enter as you sign in with the account: "USER1147." You find a folder known as "note52." You open it, and you find information that seemed to be valuable to know.

''The Compound Director had just made the announcement that all visitors are to be denied entry if ever one approaches due to a viral infection going on because of "SUBSTANCE-V-22." I'm worried about the number of supplies and money that we have in order to keep ourselves protected. I'm going to be retiring soon enough.''

You log off, now turning off the computer comprehending what was going on. A viral infection? Was it related to the green cracks he saw? What was SUBSTANCE-V-22? So many questions to answer. You now see an elevator on the side of the room, you look back at the desk.

You notice it had a drawer, you opened it up to find something filled with dust and filth. You wipe it off, and it would be revealed to be a keycard. You check the clearance levels as it now reads the following:

[CLEARANCE: CLASSIFICATION 2]
[IDENTIFICATION: RESEARCH BRANCH INTERN]

This would be very useful to your advantage, as you now went into the elevator.

(PART 2: COMING SOON)