*ੈ✩ t w o

later that day, when astrea made her way into the great hall for dinner, it was quiet obvious that everyone already knew about what went down only a couple hours prior. everyone's eyes were glued to her as she made her way towards her usual spot at ravenclaw table, fidgeting uncomfortably due to all the unusual, but not surprising, attention. 

rea should have known that as soon as she locked lips with the tall fluffy haired gryffindor, she would never be able to live it down. since remus lupin was a member of the notorious marauders, the most popular group of guys at hogwarts. if something ever so slightly inconvenient we're to happen to the marauders, the entire school was bound to know in less than an hour. 

sure she was used to the staring after a quidditch match, with her being ravenclaw's team captain and best chaser, but on an average tuesday evening it just felt off. but astrea burke kept her chin up and walked confidently towards ravenclaw table, not letting the drama affect her. that was until she noticed a redheaded hufflepuff, glaring at rea with their arms crossed, sitting across from her usual spot.

"care to explain why you and remus were snogging it up by the black lake today, and why i had to hear it from fucking AMOS DIGGORY" cynthia collins, rea's closest friend, whisper shouted at her. aggressively scooping an alarming amount of mac n cheese onto her plate while still maintaining eye contact with rea. if looks could kill, astrea would be 6 feet under. 

"oooh, someone's in trouble" andrew barrett, a tall and scrawny 7th year, teased with a smirk plastered to his face. rea had been good friends with drew since she first joined the quidditch team in 2nd year. he was also a chaser as his light weight made it easy to quickly swerve between players.

"well in my defense i haven't seen either of you all day" she retorted, her arms shooting up above her head in mock surrender. in all honesty, rea hadn't been planning on telling cynthia even if she ran into her earlier that day. 

cynthia just placed her hands onto her hips, obviously trying to seem more intimidating, and doing a damn good job of it for a hufflepuff. "you have a shit ton of explaining to do. i thought you hated lupin" 

"ya, weren't you just calling him a 'smartass' for getting a better score on his astrology quiz than you" drew chimed in as he shoveled mashed potatoes down his throat. 

"i do- i mean i did hate him..." rea lied quickly, already disheveled from their interrogation.

drew just shrugged it off and went back to devouring his second helping of chicken. cynthia on the other hand wasn't so easily convinced. "there no way in hell remus is your mystery boyfriend, i don't buy it for even a sec-" 

before cynthia could even finish yelling, remus fucking lupin took the empty spot to rea's left. swiveling his arm around astrea's waist, causing her to tense up. "you alright love? i could have sworn i heard shouting coming from this direction"

never in her wildest nightmares would astrea ever imagine having her enemies arm draped around her, but then again she didn't expect to kiss him either. putting on the biggest smile she could render and trying to make it look like she at least didn't despise the boy sitting next to her. "we're perfectly fine, thanks for caring enough to check in"

shit. even while pretending to be in love with remus, she still sounded like she loathed the poor guy. 

"and you two must be cynthia and drew. astrea has told me so much about you guys" remus said to the pair sitting across from them, giving her 2 best friends an innocent smile and planting a quick kiss on astrea's cheek "i'm remus lupin by the way, astrea's boyfriend"

the way those words rolled so easily off his tongue was sickening to her, but she tried her best to push past it and find a way out of this disaster asap. while she contemplated her routes of escape she quickly drowned out the conversation cynthia and remus were having beside her. and by conversation i mean cynthia bombarding him with questions.