Hallway..

I was walking down the hallway on a gloomy evening. A mist of thick fog surrounded me and through it I felt a hand clasping mine but could barely see it. My hands were totally numb. The fog seemed to be there forever and it felt like the hallway would never end. As I kept walking down thinking it would never end I bumped into something hard, it felt as though it was a cell door. I quickly ran through my thoughts and realized this door was familiar, as that of the suspicious rooms. The fog that guided us till here had cleared as swift as a deer. The hallway was dimly lit by the torches on the walls. The moonlight shone bright and white into the hallway. The clasping hand was now an entire human figure. My best friend Marie was finally visible to me. Her chocolate brown eyes were lit with happiness and her charcoal black hair shone under the moon light. As we stared at each other in glee we heard some strange voices, as these voices kept getting closer they also kept getting familiar. Aha! I thought at once it was Brandon and Jane my two other best friends. Oops! I totally forgot to mention that my name is Ashley Browns and I study in St. Sophie high school. I enjoy the 5th floor's hallway in our school. By the way right now according to this story we have reached the end of the hallway. The suspicious room is suspicious because it contains a secret which the students are not allowed to see , but according to the letter I received yesterday this room is related to me.
The door is huge and has a tiny keyhole in the shape of a tree. This tree seemed similar to me. It matched the shape of the tree locket that my uncle gave me two days back. He told me, "Ashley please make the best use of this to root your secrets". I told my besties that this might be the root of the secret in that room.

It all started on a Saturday morning. My aunt Joey and my uncle Smith had disappeared. I felt miserable and thought how could they forget me. For all my life I have lived with them as my mom and dad had died in an accident. I thought was it my fault, had my curse really worked? Did it really work? I kept questioning myself and in a flash of second I realized that the next day was my birthday and uncle and aunty might have gone to buy me a gift. Each year on my birthday I get a box of chocolates, a novel, a gift of their choice and a letter left for me from my parents. At noon aunt and uncle were walking from the walkway into the house. I was trying to spy from the balcony to figure out where and what my gift was ?
I saw nothing in their hand it was totally blank. My aunt suddenly stopped turned around and looked up at me her hazel eyes were filled with sorrow. I was shocked I quickly grabbed my coat and my charm necklace and ran down those rough wooden staircase. Aunt Joey was sitting in the couch and uncle Smith was nowhere to be seen. I gazed into my aunts eyes and she starred at mine which seemed like it went on forever. Our moment of awkward silence was broken by a tumbling sound of the utensils , aunt Joey ran with a worried feeling and I followed her. Aunt stopped in front of the kitchen and there was uncle Smith with a pan over his head and jus running all over him. Aunt helped uncle and she turned around to me glared into my eyes and said , " Darling do you mind giving me and your uncle a moment." I said, " Sure aunt but just ten minutes, would that be enough ?" Aunt said, " Sure that would be just enough to sort things out, thank you sweetie."
I always loved spying but specially on days before any occasion. So I did the same I stood near the kitchen trying to listen to their conversation. It was really sad to hear what had happened. Aunt said to uncle that she had tried hard not to cry in front of me so that I would not know that they had misplaced my last letter from my parents. Uncle consoled her and told her that they would search tonight for my letter after dinner in the store room. Aunt agreed to it and they both decided that they'll have to do it carefully so that I would not know about it. It looked like aunt was coming to call me so I quickly ran to living room and acted as if I was listening to music on my i-pod. Aunt sat next to me and gave me a hug she always does give me a hug after a chat with uncle. Only that this time I knew why she gave me a hug. I acted all innocent like and did not give out a single clue that I knew what they spoke. Uncle had bought some noodles and all the three of us just gulped it down. The noodles was steaming hot and it slid down my throat like a fireball. I spent the rest of my day loitering around in our garden. At night Aunt made some delicious turkey. I quickly ate my turkey because I knew that if I went to bed early then aunt and uncle would get more time to search for my letter. Aunt looked at me with suspicion. I understood what she wanted to say and said to her, " I am really sleepy today and after all today has been a really gloomy day. Aunt you know that tomorrow is a Monday and on a Monday I have to go to school early because of practice sessions for the talent show." Aunt came over to me hugged me and gave me a kiss on my forehead and so did uncle. I raced off to my room and changed to my night suit and sunk into my comforter. When aunt and uncle thought that I was asleep they came to my room and checked if I really had slept. They were satisfied by my acting that I really had slept and ran to the storeroom to search for my letter. I was very curious to see what aunt and uncle were doing so I decided to peep and see what they were doing. I opened my room door and looked out sneakily. I was amazed to see that all my relatives had come home and they were decorating the house with jingle-jangle bells, green furs, purple color balloons and so much more. I was excited and desperately wanted to join them in decorating but I just couldn't because they were doing it for my birthday. I kept thinking the whole night what was so special about this years birthday. I became anxious and my head was almost about to burst thinking about it so I decided to sleep and let them surprise me.