⋆ 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ⋆

〖 𝐁𝐢𝐳𝐳𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐂𝐢𝐭𝐲 〗

✧ • 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙾𝙽𝙴: 𝙰𝙽𝙾𝚃𝙷𝙴𝚁 𝚆𝙾𝚁𝙻𝙳 • ✧

Lonely

So lonely. That was what Vinegar Doppio felt right now as she felt herself slowly disconnected from the world around her as she drifted off into her own thoughts.

Still, she didn't mind. The young woman didn't care about her impending death, as long as it helped her Boss to escape. That was her sole reason for living, to asset her Boss.

Besides...The Boss said that they'll meet again, and she promised that once the situation is dealt with she'll reunite with Doppio.

And so she waited, anticipating for the Boss's return. Every passing second seemed like an eternity for her.

Struggling, she tried to reach for her phone, which was on the pavement ground. She starts to murmur to herself, "I miss you, Boss. Call me like you always do. I'll be waiting. Call me." Tears well up in her eyes as she fights the urge to cry.

She then lost focus as she felt her mind slowly drifting away.

Until it happened.

A sudden blue glow swept over her. It was an eerie light that overtook her mind and made her senses come alive.

She couldn't explain what was happening, but it felt unnatural. Her thoughts were scrambled, and the world around her seemed to fade away. The blue light was all she could see, and she felt as though she was being pulled into another reality.

⊱ ────────────────── ⊰

The freckled face girl was awakened by numerous water droplets hitting her face lightly. Her eyes shot up wide. She was confused and struggled to comprehend what was happening as she sputtered around on the hard ground.

She quickly sprung up from the ground and blinked, feeling the wet droplets drench her messy pink hair as it started to stick to her face.

After a few moments, her eyes adjusted and she was able to discern the environment surrounding her. The once blurry images sharpened, and she could see clearly the area she was standing in.

She felt disoriented and confused, "Huh, how come I'm in the middle of some dense forest? I'm supposed to be in Rome, aren't I?" She mutters rhetorically, a question to herself not expecting to get an answer and unaware of how she got here.

She stood there for a while, disregarding the torrents of rain cascading down her sweater and pants. She stood there, trying to make sense of the situation.

She felt a sense of unease creep over her about this whole place, something just didn't feel right about the surroundings. Her eyebrows knitted together, as she wracked her brain, trying to recall any memories-

Hadn't she... Died?

The realization hit her like a bolt of lightning, a chill went down her spine, leaving her with a sense of horror and disbelief. Her eyes widened in shock as she wracked her brain for more memories.

She stumbled backward until her back hit a sturdy tree, the leaves providing shelter from the rain. She felt lost and confused, unable to make sense of the situation.

"R-Right! The Boss said she needed to go... cause everything was going south..." Yet Doppio was still uncertain how it had even happened, as the Boss was clever and smart minded to ever be in those situations.