ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

A soft knock on the door caught Yoongi's attention, prompting him to stand and open it. Being a private club, the waitstaff understood their roles and respected the boundaries. However, Taehyung had a dislike for strangers being around him, so they always made sure to reserve the private room to avoid any unwanted guests.

The young lady at the door, in the club's uniform, gave a little bow of her head before she spoke, "Good evening, Sir, I'm I have some papers for Mr. Kim to sign. May I please deliver them to him?"

Yoongi raised an eyebrow, studying the young lady who appeared to be in her early twenties. Her hair was neatly tied back, and her uniform was impeccably clean and pressed. She seemed professional and sincere, which eased Yoongi's suspicious nature.

"What papers does he have to sign this late at night?" Yoongi inquired, searching for any signs of deceit in her eyes. "Aren't you an employee here?"

The young lady nodded respectfully. "I apologize for not introducing myself properly. I am Han Ha-eun, Mr. Kim's temporary secretary. His signature is needed for tomorrow's early morning consignment."

Yoongi sighed, knowing that Taehyung would be annoyed if he were interrupted during their private meeting. However, if it was truly urgent, it couldn't be ignored.

"Alright, Han Haeun. Please wait here for a moment," Yoongi replied, stepping back into the room to inform Taehyung.

Taehyung, dressed in a sharp suit, raised an eyebrow curiously as Yoongi approached the table. "What's the matter?"

"There's a young lady named Han Haeun at the door, claiming to be your temporary secretary. She says she has urgent papers for you to sign concerning tomorrow's early morning consignment," Yoongi explained, watching for Taehyung's reaction.

Taehyung frowned, clearly displeased by the interruption. "Tell her to leave it with you. I'll take care of it later."

Yoongi nodded and returned to the door, informing Haeun of Taehyung's decision. She appeared worried but quickly recovered her composure and handed Yoongi the papers.

"Thank you, Sir," Haeun said politely, bowing once again before turning to leave.

"Project X? Are you already sending it out for review?" Yoongi asked a tone of nonchalance, filling his voice, "I thought you said the final results were inconclusive."

"Yes, the final results were inconclusive, but I still believe it's important to share our preliminary findings with the reviewers to get their initial feedback. I think it could provide valuable insights for further research and development."

Yoongi chuckled as he took a seat. "Are you really going through with this? I thought it was just a passing phase. I guess I was wrong."

Taehyung scoffed, "When have I ever started something without seeing it through to the end?"

"Is this all because of your anger towards your grandfather?" Yoongi asked cautiously, studying Taehyung's face for any sign of irritation. "I know you're mad at the man, but he has more power than you'll ever have."

"What makes you think I care about what that old man does or thinks?"

"You started working on this crazy project after he appointed your cousin Man-seok as the CEO. Even if we succeed, I doubt he'll accept it."

"Project X is about hope for humanity. It will revolutionize human life. It has nothing to do with my grandfather."

"You're trying to clone people," Yoongi pointed out, "because you think it's better than getting married and having kids? If you could just grow up, get married, and start a family, your grandfather would willingly give you everything."

"You know I can't do that," Taehyung replied, sinking back into his chair.

"It's been years, man," Yoongi said softly. "Three whole years."

Yoongi watched as Taehyung swallowed, his eyes downcast and filled with pain. "I know you care about the corporation," Yoongi began, "and I know you want to protect its future. Unlike Man-Seok, who only cares about what he can gain from it."

"That's why I asked you to meet me tonight," Yoongi continued. "There's this place in Gangnam called Daelimo. It's a good place that provides services for people like you."

Taehyung raised an eyebrow, curious. "People like me?"

"Daelimo offers surrogacy and donor services," Yoongi explained. "You can have a child without getting married or dealing with the commitments that come with it. And the best part is that your identity remains anonymous. You don't have to meet the surrogate, and they can't contact you once the child is born and in your possession."

Taehyung considered Yoongi's offer but shook his head. "It sounds tempting, and I appreciate your concern, but I don't think I can go through with it."