Prologue

Third Person POV

It was a cold and stormy autumn night. Rain was pelting houses hard and disturbing forest trees as thunder crashed and lightning streaked across the dark sky, causing the area to light up to reveal a woman desperately running through the woods in a long white coat with glasses.

She held on tightly to something in her arms, protecting it from the harsh environment.

The woman ran as fast as her legs could carry her, panting heavily as she searched around for any houses.

It was then she noticed a rather large house with a small playground.

It was an orphanage.

The woman looked down at the object in her arms, pulling it from her chest to reveal a small child no older than a year old.

The child had short black hair and when he opened his eyes they were revealed to be a fiery amber orange.

From afar, the voices of men could be heard shouting orders, making the woman look back in fear for her child before running to the front of the orphanage, pounding on the door hard multiple times before wrapping her child in her coat and kissing his forehead before backing away once she wrapped a necklace around her child's neck. On the necklace was an odd serrated tooth unlike any other animal.

???: "I'm sorry, my son, but I can't let them find you. I love you!"

The woman proceeded to run away from the orphanage into the forest as the child reached his arms out, crying out for his mother as she lead away the flashlights that searched the forest.

The heavy rain and the child's cries were then drowned out by a single gunshot that ripped through the air, causing the baby boy to cry out even more.

As the baby cried, the doors to the orphanage opened, revealing a dark haired woman with slight tanned skin. She looked down to see the child at the doorstep.

???: "Oh, my spirits!"

The woman swiftly brought the child into her arms and bounced him gently as he cried, closing the door as she shushed the child softly.

???: "It's okay, young one. You're safe."

The child continued to cry after his mother had left him, slowly calming down as the woman who held him stroked his head softly.

???: "There, see? Nothing to fear."

After calming down, the child fell fast asleep in the woman's arms.

(Stop playing song)

*10 years later*

The sound of a running river could be heard with the occasional Elk scream, birds singing and flying around as a woodpecker could be heard hammering away at a tree for food.

It was nearing the end of winter and all sorts of animals were taking advantage of the cold fresh water and fresh food revealed from the slowly melting snow.