Magical what-!?

From her inspecting the dog, Riko hadn't heard the slouching noises from behind her, it was only when the dog yelped did she turn her head to see. She looked up in horror as she spotted the creature, a large mound of black goo with strangly cartoonish eyes and large gloopy claws, the thing towered over her at around 12ft. She gasped as she saw the monster, holding the dog tightly as she scrambled to run away from it, what the hell was that thing!? She had managed to run a good distance away but yelped in suprise when the monster cut down 5 trees behind her in one swoop, barely missing out on cutting Riko from behind aswell. The monster made strange groans as it slowly chased her through the forest, cuting down dozens of trees before Riko finally made it to a dead end. 

"T-This can't be how i die.." She mumbled, holding the dog closer in a hug as she fell onto her knees infrount of the monster as it prepared its final blow. All she could do is watch in horror as it tried to attack her. The monster readied its claw, taking a final blow at Riko.

-clank.-

Riko looked up, did the monster change its mind? It hadnt attacked her yet. Though looking up she found an unfamiliar sight. There was a boy Infront of the monster, he wielded a double sided sythe that looked like the blades were forged from bones his long white hair in a ponytail that waved behind him while his mouth was covered in a bandage-like mask. He was also wearing a long coat with ribcage accents, his boots long and durable as he braced himself against the ground, blocking the monsters attack before cutting the claw cleanly off. Causing the monster to flee by sinking into the ground.

"Go on your way." The boy spoke in a soft yet deep voice as he glared at Riko, his dull black eyes staring back into her grey ones. She gave a quick nod, rushing to her feet and scurrying away. Just who was that boy? And that monster? This weird dog? She had so many questions but no answers as she rushed back home, the dog still in her hands.