Chapter 3

I wake up with a slight headache from the wine I drank last night. I groan rolling over to face my alarm clock. The clock read 9:32. Strange, normally Arlo comes in and wakes me up.

I stretch my arms and climb out of bed and heading to the kitchen. As I got closer I heard voices. I walk in seeing Carlos standing by the stove and Arlo eating waffles.

"Morning." I smile at the boys as Arlo smiles waving at me.

"Morning mama!" Arlo takes a bite of his breakfast.

"Amor, you need to start eating healthy at breakfast time." I rub my sons shoulders from behind him.

"Uncle Car made it for me!" Arlo giggles pointing at Carlos.

I sit down next to Arlo drumming my nails on my counter top.

"I'm so excited mama." Arlo screeches.

"For what?" I ask Arlo.

"Because we are going to go to the race." Arlo says as i freeze. What?

"What are you talking about?" I look up at Carlos eyes wide.

"I thought you guys could fly out with me, don't worry remember what we spoke about last night." Carlos raises his eyebrows at me. No I don't fucking remember what we spoke about last night.

"Arlo go play in your room." I pick him off the stool as he runs off.

I watch Arlo run off and then turn my attention back to carlos.

"Don't worry Sof. I'm going to keep both you and Arlo away from Charles. I promise you it'll be fun and stress free." Carlos smiles and walks around the counter to hug me.

I relax into his hug and sigh, "okay fine. When do we have to fly out?" I ask Carlos as he smirks.

"Tonight." He says and i roll my eyes.

I quickly run out of the kitchen and into Arlo's room.

"Okay amore, help mama out. We will probably be gone for three days so get some clothes out." I tell Arlo as he stays on the floor making car noises as he plays with his toy cars.

I start to look in his wardrobe and then back at him noticing that he hasn't stopped playing.

"Arlo." I say his name sternly.

"Mama I don't want to pack I want to play!" Arlo groans sitting on his bed.

"I just need you to choose your clothes." I tell him as he huffs. Arlo climbs off his bed and walks over to his wardrobe pulling out a Ferrari top and hat.

"Here." He whines holding up the clothes for me to take.

I laugh at how dramatic he's being.

~

We walked through the airport, Arlo by my side and Carlos infront leading the way. I was a bit nervous, I haven't flown since before Arlo was born.

I looked around the busy airport and then down at Arlo. He stopped in his tracks and clung to my leg.

"Carlos take the suitcase." I say to him as he walks over taking it. I use my now free arms to pick up Arlo. "I've got you baby." I whisper.

Carlos walks us to the terminal and I keep Arlo close to my chest as we walk onto the plane. I slump myself down on a chair and sigh. That was stressful.

"Estás bien? [you okay?]" Carlos asks me as he places himself opposite me.

I nod and then look down at my son who was snuggling into my chest trying to fall asleep.

"How long is the flight to Monaco?" I ask my brother.

"Oh it won't be long, 2 hours at the most." He tells me.

When the plane was landing Arlo was starting to stir. He had slept the whole flight nd ik was quite annoying because it was getting late so it would be hard for me to get him to sleep.

We thank the pilot and get off the plane as a taxi picks us up straight away so we can get away from the press.

The taxi driver drives us to Carlos' house. We take our bags out of the boot and head inside. I place Arlo down on the sofa and turn on a random show just so he's distracted whilst me and Carlos are bringing the bags in.

"Are you hungry?" Carlos asks after we've finished bringing the bags in.

"No I'm okay." My eyes wander around the large living room. "Arlo are you hungry?" I turn my attention to him.

"No. I'm tired mama." He yawns grabbing his blanket.

"Do you want to go to bed." Arlo nods sticking his thumb in his mouth.

I pick Arlo up and take him to his room. I get him changed and then me and Carlos say good night to him.

As I leave the room I look at the clock in the hallway.

"Shit, I didn't realise how late it is." I say to Carlos.

"Yeah I should probably go to bed, practice is tomorrow." Carlos informs me.

"Alright, goodnight." I smile and walk into my room next to Arlo's.

I go into my room and try to sleep but it feels impossible. My head was full of thoughts. What if we bumped into Charles tomorrow? What if he saw Arlo? I toss and turn in bed trying to get all these thoughts out of my head but can't.

I sit up when I hear my door creak open.

"Mama." A groggy voice says from the other side of the room. "Can I come in?"

"Of course amore." I sit up in bed as he walks in. I pick him up and place him next to me. "Why arent you asleep?" I ask him.

Arlo shuffles next to me and lays down. "I can't sleep without you, mama." He sighs as i smile.

"Oh baby." I whisper pulling him close to me. I soon fall asleep peacefully with my son in my arms.

~

The next morning I wake up to the sound of Arlo screaming in my ear.

"What Arlo?" I groan into my pillow.

"Mama! Mama! It's race day." He exclaims jumping up and down on the bed.

"Amore it's not race day, it's only practice and that's not until later. Go wake up Carlos." I tell him with a smirk. Arlo runs out of the room towards Carlos'.

"Real funny Sof." Carlos rolls his eyes as he walks into my room.

"What? Arlo wanted to wake you up." I laugh.

"It's 6am I need my beauty sleep." Carlos whines.

"Uncle car lets go watch tv." Arlo appears at Carlos' side and smiles up at Carlos.

"How can i say no to that face?" Carlos leans down to Arlo's height and tickles him. Arlo giggles and tries to squirm out of his grasp.

"Have fun." I smirk at Carlos as he dashes a pillow at my head. "Hey!" I shout and throw a pillow back at him as he runs out of my room laughing.

I roll over onto my side preparing to go back to sleep without being disturbed.

Chapters from now on will probably be about 1000-1500 words on both stories just so I can get chapters up faster. I'm on holiday atm but still trying to write for you guys <3