Chapter 46

"Mom! Dad!" I exclaimed as I saw them sitting at the table with my grandparents.

"Mia!" My mom exclaimed as well and got up to greet me with a hug.

"Why did you not tell me you were coming?"

"We wanted it to be a surprise".

"It really was", I muttered between my teeth.

"How are you doing? We haven't talked like... for a month", that was my dad. And it was a subtle complaint.

"Sorry, I've been busy". Actually, I didn't call them just because I felt like I might cry if I heard their voices on the phone.

"It's fine. At least you've been spending time with your grandpas".

"Of course, she has", jumped in my grandpa. "If it's not because-", my grandma hit him with her elbow. "Honey", he complained.

"Let's sit and order already, shall we?" I swear, my grandma was in charge no matter the situation.

"Ah, there's your brother". I looked around surprised seeing my brother walking toward us.

"I'll kill you", I gesticulated to him as he approached. His face seemed to light up in realization and gave me an apologetic look.

All of us sitting at a restaurant table like that was a rare view, even more since it was the first time we were all together in South Korea.

"Why did you not mention you were coming?" I whispered to my brother next to me.

"I didn't know until last week, I was pretty busy getting permission from my boss too".

"Last week?" I repeated surprised. He nodded.

"What are you whispering over there?", said Mom calling on us already.

"Nothing", we said in unison. She gave us a suspicious look, she always thought we were planning something. I don't blame her, though; when we were kids, we were quite the troublemakers when left alone.

"So, the plan is to go to Ulsan this weekend all together", started my mother. My grandma and I exchanged a look.

"I can't". I stepped in before her. Believe me or not, she had become my accomplice in all the things related to Chan. I think my grandpa kinda knew I had a boyfriend already, but he didn't say anything; Grandma asked me not to tell him either.

"Why? Do you have plans with your friends?"

"Yeah, we're traveling tomorrow morning".

"I told you we should have told her", said my dad.

"What do we do?" Sighed my mother.

"Let's just go without her, I came to visit my grandpas anyway", said my brother as sweet as that can sound turning his back to me and looking at the old couple.

"I don't even know how Mom convinced you to come with them". My dad giggled letting me know it wasn't for the good ones.

"Shut up if you don't want me to say something". He said turning to me again.

"Uh? Do you want to say something?" I stared at him in the eye. If he wanted to say something, I had plenty of things to say too.

"What are you talking about?" He buffed and leaned on his chair.

"You sure haven't grown at all", laughed my grandpa.

After lunch, my grandparents drove my parents to their hotel; and since there was not enough space for me in the car, I left on my own. They wanted me to receive them in my apartment to drink some tea and talk a bit more but I still had to work, and they weren't the type of people that will chill out silently at home while you are busy with your own business.