•Chapter 37•

TW: VIOLENCE. (I'm sorry)

 (I'm sorry)

Harry Styles

1st February 2022

"H-harry, th-that's J-jamie."

"W-what?" I stutter out, throwing my head back to look towards the man whose name I hadn't even got a chance to learn. My face burns red with anger as I notice the smirk snaking his way onto his face.

God, I want to smack that smirk clean off his fucking face.

Everything in my mind goes completely silent except for the sound of her voice circling around inside my brain.

That's Jamie. That's Jamie. That's Jamie.

A constant loop of Thea's petrified voice like a broken record as I try to comprehend how the fuck we got here. Everly is dating Jamie.

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

Everly.

I feel sick.

Every organ in my body feels like it's being death gripped in a vice as a wave of nausea rushes over me, almost enough to make my head spin.

Not only has this sorry excuse for a man had the opportunity to hurt my Thea. My buttercup. But now he's with my sister. My fucking sister.

I'm gonna kill him.

Just as I'm about to stride over there and punch him straight in the fucking face, a whimper from Thea catches my attention. I turn back around just in time to see her knees begin to buckle. I instinctively reach out to catch her, wrapping my arms under her trembling knees and pulling her upwards into my chest just as Hadley and Eden walk back into the room.

"What the fuck?!" Hadley gasps out in concern as she takes in Thea's crumpled position against my chest, rushing towards us.

Eden, however, remains frozen in the doorway as her eyes bounce around the room until they land on Jamie with a confused look. "Jamie?" She whispers out.

I physically feel Thea cower into my chest at the mention of his name, my arms instinctively wrapping tighter around her in protection. "It's okay, Buttercup. I've got you. Let's go upstairs and calm down." I softly whisper against her ginger curls just as I see Hadley's movement towards us falter before she's spinning on her heels and bounding towards Jamie.

As I carry Thea out of the catastrophe that is about to be my living room I hear Hadley's voice bellowing behind me with an anger I have never witnessed from another person in my life.

"You! You better be fucking joking me, Jamie! Get the fuck out before I murder you!" She practically screams as Niall comes to stand in front of me, catching my attention.

"Mate, What the fuck is going on?" His face knitted tightly in a frown before gesturing towards Thea who is still heaving against my chest. I desperately need to get her to stop hyperventilating before she passes out. "Is she okay?"