01; HOME?

SONG PLAYING; 16 CANDLES by ISABEL  LAROSE

SONG PLAYING; 16 CANDLES by ISABEL LAROSE

SHE SAT THERE,

ON A LIGHT GREY SOFA rapped in an ink blue spread. She stayed near to her self and pulled her body close as she heard on going talking out side the office she was placed in after the 'incident' that arose not too long  ago.

The office was decorated a little too neatly for her liking compared to what she usually is used to; the room was quite small, the floor was chequered with big diamonds, colored white and brown, in front of her was a low table with accumulation of books laying on top on each other,finally, around her was shelf's upon shelf's of books that about God knows what.

She clenched the spread when she heard the officer's door open. The female lifted her head a bit to see who had entered the office.

It was that redhead boy

Diluc stepped into the small office, his red hair catching the light as he glanced around. His eyes fell upon the young girl sitting on the sofa, wrapped in an ink blue spread, her demeanor guarded and distant.

"Hey," Diluc said softly, trying not to startle her. "Are you alright?"

The girl remained silent, her gaze fixed on him with a mix of wariness and defiance. Diluc took a tentative step closer, mindful not to invade her space.

"I... I saw what happened out there," Diluc continued, his voice gentle. "I'm Diluc. What's your name?"

The girl's lips pressed into a thin line, but she finally spoke, her voice a low murmur. "[Y/N]"

Diluc nodded, noticing how tightly [Y/N] held onto the spread around her shoulders. He crouched down, bringing himself to her eye level.

"[Y/N] I want to help you," Diluc said earnestly. "You don't have to be afraid here. What happened back there... I want to make sure you're safe."

[Y/N] glanced away, her expression conflicted. Diluc waited patiently, giving her space to process.

"Are you hurt?" Diluc asked, noticing the remnants of soot on [Y/N]'s face and the weary look in her eyes.

[Y/N] shook her head slightly, her grip on the spread loosening just a fraction.

"You can trust me," Diluc assured her, his voice steady and reassuring. "I promise I won't let anyone hurt you."

A flicker of vulnerability passed across [Y/N]'s face, her guard momentarily lowering. Diluc reached out slowly, offering his hand.

"Come with me," Diluc said softly. "Let's get you cleaned up and somewhere safe."

[Y/N] hesitated, uncertainty warring with the spark of hope in her eyes. Finally, she tentatively placed her hand in Diluc's, allowing him to guide her.

As they left the office together, Diluc spared a glance back at the neatly decorated room, wondering what secrets and fears lay hidden behind the reason that girl suddenly came into his life through a fire