zero . 𝐈 𝐒𝐀𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐈𝐓

(  prologue 1/2  )

( prologue 1/2 )

This is definitely bad

You didn't intend to get lost in broad daylight in a city ruled by chaos and destruction. The situation you found yourself in was certainly quite unfavorable for you.

Now, where were the two idiots who were assigned as your companions supposed to be? The only reason Xion and Kuro are still with you is to keep an eye on you and make sure you don't end up in situations like this, but it seems that was too much work for the duo.

Even your crow harshly criticized them for being a pair of incompetents, and it's not like you disagreed with that opinion, even if you forgot the reason for this.

An explosion was heard nearby, followed by cries from a group. It seems not far from where you were, a battle between humans and vampires was unfolding, nothing new.

The chances that the cries belonged to the human group were high, as it was public knowledge that in most cases where a group of humans faced vampires, they came out on the losing end.

What was the name of that organization? You think you've heard the name somewhere... it doesn't matter, if you don't remember it, then that organization shouldn't be that important.

Besides, you were already killing the demons that hide in the night, so there was no need to get involved with another organization that could hinder your usual work.

Again, how did you end up here? You were following Kuro, and the next moment, you lost him, which is not at all unusual for you. Kuro's presence is almost non-existent, as he can camouflage himself and act as if his mere existence was never there in the first place.

You have no problem admitting that you used his ability as training; the faster you become aware of his presence, the more effective you will be on the battlefield. It's very useful, as there are obvious improvements in your reflexes and senses in the process. However, in cases like this, where Kuro and Xion basically lose sight of you, having a companion with no presence along with another who can only come out at night is not comforting.