CHAPTER 1

Poisonpaw stretched, padding out of the Apprentice Den with a frown on her face. It was going to storm today. Her blind littermate, Softpaw, had warned her about it yesterday before going to sleep. But she still had to train! Lame.

She glanced at Raincloud, her mentor. She had a gray pelt and penetrating blue eyes. She was the reason Poisonpaw had to train right before a storm hit!

Raincloud caught Poisonpaw's eye. "Poisonpaw! It's about to storm; we'll hold back training for a while. That okay?"

Thank StarClan. Poisonpaw nodded.

Skypaw, Poisonpaw's brother, called her name. Immediately beginning to purr, Poisonpaw padded over to Skypaw and sat next to the white tom. She took notice of Softpaw next to him, her blind, amber gaze staring at the sky. It was already starting to thunder.

Skypaw sighed. "I was looking forward to hunting today."

"You can hunt after the storm." Softpaw growled.

"But I want to hunt now!" Skypaw wailed, and Softpaw groaned.

Poisonpaw, being the rebelious type, leaned over, completely forgetting about how she didn't want to train during the storm. "We can sneak out through the dirt-place tunnel. No one will suspect us."

"They'll suspect you if you sneak out through the dirt-place tunnel together." Softpaw snarled. "Two littermates, side by side, leaving the camp to make dirt? That'll catch Rabbitstar's attention, for sure."

Speaking of Rabbitstar, Poisonpaw glanced over her shoulder to see if the light brown tom was listening. Due to the severity of the upcoming storm, the ForestClan leader had told his warriors to stay in camp and would surely punish the two siblings if he caught them planning on sneaking out.

Luckily, Rabbitstar was sharing prey with Spiderjump, his mate who was expecting kits. Poisonpaw turned back to Skypaw with a smirk. "We can go one at a time. I'll go first."

"How do I know when to go?" Skypaw questioned. Great StarClan, he was stupid.

"I don't know, just... go when you feel like it." Poisonpaw groaned.

"Can we go now?" Skypaw squealed.

"Yes. Softpaw, if anyone asks, we're in the apprentice den." Poisonpaw lifted herself to her paws, swiftly looking around to go to the dirt-place tunnel. No warriors were around. Skypaw followed her soon after.

If only they both knew what danger was about to come.