𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊

Joel's POV:

It was about eleven at night when I heard a knock on the door. I'm not supposed to answer the door, for all I know it could be a kidnapper. But that's not a kidnapper knock. That's a Taylor knock! I rushed to the door, in absolute hope that Luke didn't break her heart.

I got to the door, Taylor immediately leaned into me and started crying. That jerk! I didn't want anyone to wake up from the conversation we were about to have, so I picked her up, walked to my room, and sat her down on my bed. "How did Luke hurt you?" I questioned.

"I think I hurt him." She said, crying in her palms. Taylor hurt Luke? But that's impossible, Luke doesn't feel anything for girls. "He kissed me, and I said I wasn't ready for him to break my heart." But that made her cry more.

"Someone like Luke doesn't even deserve you! You're such a caring person, and he's a terrible jerk." I gave Taylor a tissue and a hug.

"I just don't want him to break my heart, Joel!" She cried. I don't think I've ever seen anyone cry this hard in their life.

"Maybe tell him you just wanna be friends then. That might work things out. He wouldn't have as many chances." That seemed to ease her crying a little. I wondered if she was afraid of losing Luke. But she was still crying.

"You know what makes everyone better?" I asked. She looked at me a little confused. "Ice cream and cat pictures. And we may happen to have some Cookie Dough in the freezer." She didn't hesitate to go and grab the ice cream. She came back up with some vanilla and cookie dough.

"Now for those cat pictures." She remarked. I chuckled a little bit. I hooked my phone up to my TV so that way we could look at the pictures but on a larger scale. There were all different kinds of cat breeds and Taylor looked like she was having a great time.

After scrolling through numerous different cats, I realized Taylor was sleeping. I turned off the TV, and gently tucked her in my bed. I grabbed a sleeping bag and an air mattress, and I just slept on that.

The next morning, I was up before Taylor. It was about nine, and I'm never going to bed late again. I packed up the air mattress and sleeping bag and I woke up Taylor. "Sorry," I whispered.

Taylor stretched and opened her eyes. "It's okay." She yawned. "I should be getting home anyways."

"Well, do you want breakfast before you go?" I asked. She nodded. I went downstairs, surprised to see Luke already awake and drinking coffee. Luke looked up at Taylor and looked down.

Taylor sat down at the bar, while I made her some breakfast. "Anything in particular you'd like?"

"A crepe with ham, egg, and cheese." She replied. I smiled and pulled out our skillet. I tried to do some cool tricks like flipping things in the air, but it ended up landing either on the ground or my face. But I was making Taylor laugh, so I think I was successful. Though, I finally made one and served it to her. "If you want another one, I can always try."

Taylor laughed and took a bite of the crepe. Luke got up from the table and stood at the end of the bar. "Can I talk to you, Taylor?" He asked, almost too politely, that I knew it was fake. She was very hesitant, but grabbed her plate and stood up. I got worried but took my mind off it and finished making my food.

That's when Luke's friend texted him.

Andrew: Yoo, how'd it go?

I wasn't exactly the nosy type, but if Luke really was playing games on Taylor, I think I should know.

Luke: Good.

Andrew: Then you probably have a chance to win the bet.

A BET?! LUKE'S DATING TAYLOR ON A BET?!

Luke: The bet?

Andrew: You just woke up didn't you? You host the next party if you lose, but if you win Micah and I do your homework for a month.

I turned off his phone and slid it back to the spot where it was before. A bet for homework and a party?! I'm actually gonna kill him. I grabbed his phone again.

Luke: Yeah, just waking up. What do I need to do to win again?

Andrew: Take her to homecoming! Wow, you really are stupid in the mornings.

That's when I knew what I needed to do.

But I suddenly could hear their conversation. I was scared

Taylor's POV

"Look, I'm sorry, I really am, Taylor. It was never my intention to hurt you like that." Luke pleaded.

"Luke, I really don't know..." I responded.

"Please! Look, I can take you out again. No touching, no kissing. And it doesn't even have to be soon!" He begged. I could see the innocence in his face. That he really was truly sorry.

"Fine. I'll think about the second date, but I forgive you I guess." The Bible tells me to forgive anyways, and I won't let him do that to me again. And if he's truly sorry, then he won't do it again. Luke and I walked out of the room we were in, and Joel was on Luke's phone.

"What are you doing on my phone?" Luke fumed. Joel looked up scared, and dropped Luke's phone.

"Just checking the time." He shuddered. Luke grabbed his phone and went through it. But I don't think he found anything because he didn't say anything. And I think Luke would've yelled at Joel if he did something he wasn't supposed to on there. But I also couldn't see Luke's face, so I couldn't see expressions Luke could make.

"Uh, I think I'm just gonna go home," I mumbled and headed home.

Luke's POV:

"What were you doing on my phone?" I asked, yelling impatiently at him. Joel's expression from scared turned to anger.

"I'm not letting you date Taylor!! I can't believe you're dating her so you don't have to do your homework for a month!" He snapped at me. Joel has found out about my bet.

"I know what I'm doing!" I argued. Even so, I wasn't sure at all. I wanted Taylor to love me back. I wanted her to be happy with me.

"Oh really? Taylor's gonna freak when she finds out!" Joel yelled.

"You wouldn't tell her?" I said with complete fear. Joel laughed in my face.

"So scared huh? Gonna lose your bet with Andrew?" I gulped. I could really care less about my bet. I just didn't want Joel to tell Taylor about it or else I've lost the only person I've ever truly loved. I'm sure Taylor would never want me back if she found out.

"You wouldn't want to see her hurt!" I yelled. That got Joel thinking. Phew.

"Fine, I won't tell her. You should be the one to tell her anyway." Joel argued. He rolled his eyes and walked away. I couldn't show Joel how appreciative I was to him. Is that what kind of people do? I just can't let Taylor find out. I'd never have any more chances.

Would Taylor appreciate me more if she knew I was a kind person?