chapter¹⁰

besties being besties

warning: slight panic attack

🐸 _*^¬'*_.*'¬*^_🐸

authors pov

03:02 PM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

"hey, i invited the vk's for a picnic," y/n says to daphne as the blond is brushing her hair. the pink brush stops in the blonde's hair as her piercing blue look straight towards y/n's brown ones. "what...?"

"why did you do that, darling?!" daphne exclaims, scrambling to get off her chair. sprig ribbits, sitting in his large tank. 

"what?" y/n asks, slightly amused at the girl as daphne scans her wardrobe, mostly filled with pink clothing. 

"i was not prepared," daphne mutters, picking out a pair of shorts. and then a dress. and then some tights. and then some jeans. 

"daph," y/n says. "calm down. evie will like you no matter what,"

daphne sighs, slumping down on the green beanbag. 

"a-are you sure?" daphne has a stutter. something she masks with false confidence. only y/n, y/n's family and obviously, charlotte. "i-i know we just met them but i-"

"deep breaths," y/n says, getting on her knees infront of daphne. she puts her [dark/medium/light] brown toned hand on her friend's shoulder. daphne takes a deep breath, copying y/n. "it's okay. plus, i feel the same for carlos,"

"you do?" daphne asks. 

"yeah," y/n smiles softly. "he's uh...my...my true love," y/n ribbits, before slapping her hand over her mouth. 

daphne gasps, her mouth hanging open. 

"you croaked," she says, trying to hold in her laughter. an irk appears at the side of y/n's head as daphne's laughter gets louder and louder. "are you a frog?" the blonde cackles in glee, her smile wide. 

"apparently so," y/n laughs softly. "something about my mama's and father's dna from when they turned into frogs. mama odie stopped me from having the ability to turn into one. but until i kiss or admit feelings to you know..."

"carlos, darling?"

"yes him," y/n says quickly. "i will still have some of these frog abilities-"

"do you have a long tongue?"

"no,"

"can you hop?"

"no?"

"are you going to lay tadpoles?"

"daphne!"

"y/n!"

"oh...also, i'm joining the cheer squad..."

"fucking finally, darling. what took so long?" daphne asks, getting up from the ground. she helps y/n up, folding her clothes back into her wardrobe. when y/n says nothing, daphne looks over to the brown haired girl. "no fucking way!"

"oh, hush up, daph!"