Chapter 12

August

The summer when I was 18 years of age was a special one, in fact, it was the best summer that I had in my entire life. The sun was high up in the sky, the atmosphere was humid and the air was salty. Our strength has now decreased to 3 and we were lonely and heartbroken to say the least. We were heartbroken for a certain reason but we never spoke a word about it.

"(m/n) , you don't see me as a threat right?" Geto asked during our last encounter. "For me, no, but for the normies , yes"
I answered frankly. "God , Iam gonna miss you so much, you are like my little brother, you know that right?" My heart immediately fluttered when he said those words. It touched me deeply and it made me contemplate about how appearances can be deceiving. One could not believe that a gentle soul like Geto's would be able to kill an entire village, and it pains me because deep down, I know he is a good man with a good heart. The Riko incident has gotten so strong into him and no amount of convincing will work now as he allegedly have his own way of sight. But for now, as much as this was selfish, I let him be who he is. He might not be the Suguru that I once knew, but I was still the (m/n) that he knew. "Will you kill me if I was a non-sorcerer?" I asked and there was silence. " Suguru, I know that you will not change your mind and I'am not trying to change your mind, but, there is beauty in everything. Even in normal people , there is beauty in the hierarchy, in goodness and in evil. But I do not see any beauty in killing innocent people. Tell me are you better than those normies if you kill ?" , he laughed and it was a carefree one. He gently and carefully ruffled my hair and walked away. "Don't worry about me killing you, you can probably kill me if you want" , that was the last time I heard of him.

Satoru was sad and there was nothing that we could do. They were inseparable. Shoko and I tried our level best to keep him company , but he was never the same. He took missions by himself and shuts himself from us. One night in the middle of August at around midnight, I heard my door creaking, I quickly gazed at the door and stood up. There was a knock on the door and I cautiously opened the door. When I opened the door, I was met by a distressed and tired Satoru. He had just finished his mission. "Toru" I called out and he immediately gave himself to me. I did the same and held him tight. I could feel his pain just by the way he reacts to my touch, it was clear that he was longing for a friend. I pulled him closer to me and closed the door. We sat down on the bed and I noticed that he was holding something. "(m/n). I have missed you so much." he looked at me and gave me a bouquet of daisy. "You really don't have to" I said while accepting the daisies . They were fresh, white ,innocent and simple but it had become my favourite type of flowers became of Satoru. We lay on the bed and enjoyed the comfortable silence. "Let's hold hands" he asked while blushing. I found it rather strange but I was compelled by it. We hold hands on the bed until I fell asleep.

I woke up and saw Satoru pinning me on the bed. I stared at his curious sky blue eyes which were like stars in the dark room. Strangely enough, I did not find our position weird but I was rather curious about it. "Iam sorry (m/n)" he said and before I could react, he lowered his head and kissed me. I immediately felt butterflies in my stomach and it felt good. I was experiencing things likd this for the first time and it did not feel bad at all. It was just right and perfect, to say the least. He was being gentle with his kiss and I kissed him back. There was electricity in his touch, sparkling and striking in every move. Our breaths quicken and I noticed that he tasted like water and it was really addictive. I broke the kiss and he fell on the bed. He looked at me while smiling and held my hands and put it on his chest.
The beat of his heart was as fast as mine.
"Can you feel it?" he asked and I put his hands on my chest. "Yes I can". The rain started to pour and the humidity decreased drastically. "I have been wanting to try that" he said while kissing me again. For the month, he would come to my room every midnight and we would kiss behind close doors. For me, it was enough and it was everything that I wanted. Then, the month of September came and I fall into pieces because of him again. "Satoru, I really like you" I confessed, as I really could not contain it anymore. He let go of the hands and looked away. "Give me time". And the meeting at midnight stoped at that very moment. He kissed me one more time as he walked out of the door . Back then, I did not know that his kiss was going to be our last kiss.

"Sensei!" I was awaken by a pink haired boy. I have been working as a teacher for a week now and it was unexpectedly nice. To be able to teach a potential hero that will one day make the world a better place. "What is it Yuji kun?"
"Gojo sensei is returning" he smiled .
"Is it? Where are Megumi and Nobara?"
I asked and he tells me that they were in the classroom. I follow him to the classroom with a void in my heart. I ask myself will I be able to meet him when his words still hurts my heart? Meeting him would be hard and I really do not want to meet him now. I need some time before I can see him again. I open the felt my heart drop at the sight.

His tall figure stood flawlessly and he smiled upon seeing Yuji and me. "Yo!
(m/n) chan! He will be your new sensei!"
"We already know it you idiot , you are making (m/n) sensei uncomfortable" Nobara replies to Gojo.
"(m/n) sensei would never. After all he is my friend". I let out a laugh. How dare he acts like nothing happened at all? I was hoping for an apology but I was being proved wrong yet again. But it was not surprising at all. I was expecting silence but this was much worse than that. I could not keep up with his mind and his actions. The last thing I want to do is seeing him and I really mean it. I storm out of the classroom and I could feel silence as I walk out of the door. I do not really want to make a scene in front of the students but this could not be helped.
"(m/n)!" I hear his voice but I never stop walking. I could hear his footsteps stop when I reach the door. "Please call me when you are not angry" he pleaded. Why should I call him when he clearly points out how he sees me last week.

When I was finally being able to think straight, I found myself walking in the busy street of Tokyo. The sky grew darker and I feel a single raindrop falling on my face. I cry but it was concealed by the heavy rain. I was about to face another August. Another August of trying to forget the about the incident that happened 10 years ago. Another August of contemplating what could have happened if he had just felt that we were enough.