The beach

Mikan was sitting with her knees in the sand as she cried into her hands, one of which was wrapped with a bandage. She has the bandage to cover up her scars and bruises she had gotten from her bullies, abusive father, and other things, she was very clumsy after all. She cried into her palms as waves brushed over her knees and occasionally her thighs. She heard someone behind her walking in the sand. She didn't know how long they've been there, nor did she knew who they were, she just didn't bother to look and hoped they wouldn't notice her. Then she heard a familiar voice behind her.

"Mikan!" It was Nagito. Nagito was very kind to Mikan, he had grown to be a pretty close friend. Helping her study and complementing her, after all she was very beautiful. "N-Nagito!" She yelled as she turned her head to look at him. "I-I'm so sorry I-I-I'll leave right now!" She said. She was about to get up when Nagito stopped her. "Mikan wait!" She stopped. He sat down next to her. "I-I'm sorry about this! T-there must be S-something I can do for you for wasting your time!" She looked at Nagito with a sad expression. "No Mikan its fine." He said as he put his hand on her shoulder. "N-nonsense! H-here, you can write on me!" She said before she took out a pen sharpie from her apron pocket. "Really?" Nagito said as he put his hand out to grab the sharpie. Mikan nodded. He grabbed the pen. "Is it okay if I...?" He gently pushed Mikan onto her back. She nodded again. He took the sharpie cap off, the strong smell of the sharpie gave off a small hint of nostalgia.

He shifted his body onto her's and gently grabbed her arm. He started unwrapping the bandages that were wrapped around her arm. The bandages revealed scars and bruises. He didn't bother to ask where they were from he just wanted to write. He put the pen up to her arm and started writing. She looked down at her arm, 'B' 'what was he writing?' She thought 'Bitch?' He went on and wrote more letters 'beautiful' Mikan almost cried. 'Does he really think i'm beautiful?' She thought. He then started to write more. 'Ho' 'hoe? Horrible?' 'Hope' he had wrote what seemed to be his favorite word. He continued writing. 'Lovely' 'why is he writing all these nice words about me?' She thought as a tear ran down her cheek. He continued to write another word. 'Sweet'. Mikan was surprised. He closed the cap and stood up. He was about to walk away when Mikan stopped him. "Wait! Nagito...?" She said. He stopped. "Yes, Mikan?" "Why were you being so nice to me?" She asked. "Well it's the least I can do, your very beautiful and hopeful. I'm just reminding you that." He smiled, she smiled back. He helped her up and offered to walk her home, she accepted and they walked to Mikan's house together.