book shop

☆1 week skip☆

My first week at the encanto was normal, my book shop was built quickly by the help of luisa. The book shop is filled with Mariano and my writing along with writing by other authors we like. "It feels nice to finally have my writing appreciated, how about you?" I ask. "Its ok, I have to admit I never thought to publish my poetry." Mariano replies. Isabela walks in. "Come on we have a date." She says annoyed. "Oh right, I'll be back later." He says. They leave together. I sigh. I've gotten used to Mariano's kindness but now I fear I've developed a crush on him. I hate how I'm one of those people who fall in love with anyone whose nice to them. I don't want to ruin the one good relationship I have, he already thinks of me as his best friend and I dont want to accidentally ruin that. I can tell he's not to happy with his relationship with isa though, all he told me was that it was an arranged marriage and if I asked him if he was ok with it he didn't answer me. He makes me feel better when I'm sad and I want to do the same with him. After a hour he returns to the shop. "Are you ok?" I ask. He nods. "Are you happy with isa?" I ask. He looks at me but doesn't answer. "I just want to know." I say. "Of course I'm happy with her." He says clearly lying. "You're a terrible liar." I say. "I know but please don't tell anyone cause she'll here about it, I can tell she not happy either. She barely tries to hide it when we're alone together. I try my best to woo her and take her on romantic dates but do I get a thank you or anything no, all I get is an annoyed sigh." He says. I put my hand on his shoulder. "Its not her fault, I mean neither of us are happy but I wish she would appreciate my gestures." He says. "Yea, who's even forcing you to to be together?" I ask. "Her abuela and my mom." He says. "I'll help you stand up to your mom." I say joyfully. He chuckles. "First of all we couldn't do that believe me my mami wouldn't listen and second of all that would mean I would have to break up with isa and I can already tell her parents dont like me and doing that would probably make the whole family not like me. It's nice that you would help if you could though." He says. I sigh. He puts his hand on my cheek. "Its fine, I accepted that we're gonna have to be together. Its probably gonna be a loveless marriage but I've accepted that." He says calmly. "That's not fair, you deserve a love filled relationship!" I shout. He looks at me surprised. "I'm just saying." I say calmly. Theres an awkward silence. "Ok then." He says. "Its not fair." I whisper. "Nothing I could do about it." He says. I sigh. "My only hope would be Isabela, if she breaks up with me my mom wouldn't be angry at me but she would probably be really angry at isa which isn't good either." He says. "Why did they put you two together in the first place?" I ask. "We were best friends when we were little and I guess my mom got inpatient waiting for us to get together so she talk to alma and they just decided to force us to be together. It happened when I was 17 too so I was all excited to become a free adult but then boom I'm with isa now so there goes my plans and hers." He says. "What were your plans?" I ask. "Well one was getting my peotry published earlier than this, most likely leave if my writing made it big and get into a relationship on my own." He says. "Did you have anyone in mind?" I ask. "No but it would have been nice if I got to chose." He says annoyed. "Let's say hypothetically if some how your arranged marriage with isa ended who would you want to be with?" I ask knowing that if the answer isn't me I'm gonna be hurt. "I dont really have anyone in particular I would be with, honestly I would probably just happy to not have to be with her and maybe find someone to have sex with real quick." He says happily. "Who do you want to have sex with?" I ask teasingly. "Well... uh- no one in particular." He answers nervously. "I already told you, you're a terrible liar." I say jokingly. "Its embarrassing." He says. "You can trust me, I wouldn't hurt the only person whose been nice to me." I say genuinely. "Its not that, it's more it could change the way you see me." He says. "Just tell me already, your excuse only make me more interested." I say. "Its... you." He mumbles. I get a shocked expression. "See, that's why I didnt want to tell you." He says embarrassed. "Would you want to do more than sex?" I ask. He looks at me surprised. "You mean like a relationship?" He asks. I nod. "Well yea, I've imagined it before." He says. "I think you imagined a bit more since you want to have sex with me." I say jokingly. He holds in a chuckle. "If it wasn't for isa I probably would have asked you out already." He says. "Ofcourse, the one person who would date me is in an arranged marriage. That's just my luck." I say annoyed. "Well things can change, maybe something could happen and we could be together." He says. "We would need a miracle for that." I say sarcastically.