iv. Book Covers and Descriptions

Book covers are really important. Without a cover, you're less likely to get someone to click on your story.

When it comes to book covers, you don't want to use the first image you see when you search up "man in leather jacket" for your book "Engaged to the Mob Don". Firstly, the book cover will end up being a little bit basic and will most likely be already used for a book of a similar premise. Secondly, you can get in trouble for using the image if it's copyrighted.

When it comes to book covers, try to stick to a design and color scheme that reflects the plot and tone of the story.

I make book covers in my cover-shop "The Other End of the Void" for those who need them--free of charge.

Descriptions are another big part of writing a book. Descriptions can be the very thing that determines whether or not someone reads your book.

Example of a poor description:

'Millie is a normal gurl , but then she meetz uh sedzy boy named Boy... Read to finds out :P '

Or:

'Billy was a man . . . He wore leather jackets. Read and find out!!'

I see descriptions like that all the time and I cannot express how confused I get when I see them. I don't even understand what's supposed to happen in them.

When writing a book bio, remember to state these two things at the very least: who the main character is and what the story's about.