Draco

(y/n's pov)
i'm awoke from my thoughts by draco tugging on my arm, "y/n, have you been listening?", "shit sorry completely blanked out, what where you saying" i replied slowly to draco, "you where thinking about what your mother said.weren't you?" he answers back. "how many more times am i gonna have to say this to everyone, i really don't want to talk about it, better yet be reminded of it!" i feel bad for being annoyed at him for it when it's not his fault, i just can't deal with talking about it again, i spent summer getting over it, forgetting about what happened, and everytime it gets brought up, the memories come back and the thoughts and i just can't handle it anymore.
"damn, sorry i forgot but you'll be in for a shock when we get to school, even on the train, everyone is still talking about it, but i'm sure we will all make sure it doesn't get brought back to you" draco says with a welcoming smile, he brings me in for a hug since we hadn't seen each other in so long, once i pull away he grabs his trunk and bags and we start making our way to the front door.

as we are walking i ask him "hey draco? how do you know everyone's been talking about it if you haven't been on your phone. nobody's heard from you, you've looked in the gc i know u have air it says you've read it, what's going on with you, are u okay?" i say giving draco a look of concern. "yeah, you know how it is, just stuff with my parents, voldermort, he's just always here, people, always here, when this is meant to be my home, my safe place and even then i feel as tho i can't be myself in this place, it's sickening, and of course my mother and father have no cares, my mother just says it will get better, like to see when that's gonna happen" and he's right i do understand, "oh dray, you should've reached out to me or pansy...?" he quickly replies with "yeah but you know how it is with pansy, i don't like her seeing that side to me, and you've been sorting yourself out after, you know what happened, so i didn't really want to riddle you with my problems" he has got a point but i would always put aside my issues to help a friend and he knows that, but he's just too sweet to do that, pansys so lucky, i should call her.after i pick up my trunk and bags from the receptionist ask "hey do you want to facetime pansy real quick? i'm sure she'd love to see you?" i pull my phone out expecting he's gonna say yes when he says "actually y/n i need to talk to you about something first..."

frozen by his words in my place, whenever anyone says "we need to talk" it's serious or gossip, i love gossip, hopefully it's that and not anything else. draco turns around to see my stopped in my tracks, "oh come on y/n not everytime someone says i need to talk to you it's bad" he snaps, "yeah but 99% of the time it is so spill it before we get to the train" i frantically say like a child waiting to open presents on christmas. "so i was listening into one of the meetings, after i was supposed to be in my room, voldermort was saying something to me parents
about mattheo joining this year! wouldn't that be great, well you don't really know him but he's so chill, i'm sure you two would get on and he would click with our group?" i didn't really know mattheo, we've met a few times and texted a few times since our parents are so close but we've never had a proper conversation about anything other than the meetings and when they'll be and stuff. i finally reply back with "oh really? yeah could be fun, whats someone else anyway, and atleast he won't know about what happened last year, could be someone i can actually tolerate without giving me the "i hope you okay y/n" with the sad eye look" me and draco laugh to ourselves and draco says "i thought we weren't meant to talk about last year?" i snap back at him saying "yes but it's only okay when i do ittt!" laughing we quickly aparate to the train!