The book ?

Codys pov:

I woke up at 11:00am today for my 1:00pm shift at the library. It wasn't the most spectacular job in the world but it was bearable.

I mostly just restocked books and people watched. It may sound creepy but rather entertaining. I like to think about their lives and how they have their own consciousness just like me!

I got up went for a shower, got changed, had breakfast, brushed my teeth and had a coffee

When i was finished it was around 12:15. I got my car keys, my phone and wallet and took off to work. I live about 30 minutes away from my actual work so since i was early i went at a slow steady pace.

When i got there it was 5 minutes before my shift. I said hello to jack just as he finished his shift. Now time to restock books as always.
My library has those funky shelf's where you can see the same book on the opposite side if that makes sense. It makes it look alot prettier!

I was about to take a book out until i felt a hand on mine. The other hand quickly whipped away and i heard some fast paced footsteps on the other side. Poor guy must has been embarrassed. Its happened more times then you'd think.

After i finished restocking the shelfs i sat the checkout area where you scan the books and rent them basically. It was pretty quiet today so i starting doing my people watching. I was very preoccupied into thinking of some old guys life. Well i was until i heard one of those fake coughs to get your attention. I turned to face him and stopped in my tracks. He was absolutely gorgeous. I had to stop myself from staring and asked him what i could help him with.

"Hello how may i help you" i said

"Id like to return this book and take out these book"

"Absolutely sir may i have your library card please"

"Uh yeah sure"

He hands me his library card

"Right so you'd like to rent out-"

I was about to finish my sentence until i saw the book. It was the book i was putting back when that one hand touched mine.

"Hey you okay"

"Yeah yeah apologies sir i got a bit distracted"

"No worries"

"Funny story about that book i was restocking it earlier and someone on the other side accidentally touched my hand"

He froze and his face turned a bright red

"Heh uh that was me sorry" he muttered

"It's perfectly fine sir it happens more than you'd think!" i say with a smile

I finish scanning his book and return it to him.

"Enjoy the book sir, have a great day!"

"Yeah yeah you too" he says while slightly smiling

Something about him excited me
Like i was bound to meet him
But it was so unlikely i would see him again
But that's something i can live with!

Noahs pov:

I was having a perfectly normal day until the worst thing imaginable happened. I spoke to someone

Well thats not the worst thing that happened but it was definitely embarrassing. Probably due to the fact i accidentally touched the workers hand then he told me about at the till and laughed. I really wanted to run away and cry. It was so embarrassing. I mean he was quite nice. Im not sure when ill see him again i wonder when the next time he'll be on shift?

—————————————————————————

Help idk what to do w my two other books
I promise ill try to update then cause ive been rlly busy and my mum keeps on screaming at me and temporarily kicked me out to live at my dads for a week then i came back for a day and she kicked me out again yk just quirky things 😜

Anywho school starts on Wednesday so thats gonna make the updates even slower

FINALLY yous shld follow my tiktok

@kxteschmidt. I make 10/10 edits (not rlly but i try)